Group Operational Excellence Specialist
International touch points, steep learning curve and exciting personal development opportunities. Want to be part of an international team responsible for delivering tangible business results with high strategic impact?
Join ROCKWOOL and help identify improvement opportunities within factory operations and ROCKWOOL-producing units. Develop your talents even further in this international career opportunity that will take you travelling from Europe to Russia, North America and anywhere in between.
This is who we are
Working from HQ in Hedehusene, you will join 8 skilled colleagues in the Group Operational Excellence team whose purpose is to drive improvements within operations in close collaboration with the factories. With the ambitious goal to always meet or exceed strategic targets ROCKWOOL are creating a continuous improvement culture and taking operations to the next level.
While having a particular focus on their factories the scope is expanding, and you will also be involved in supporting processes related to e.g. purchase orders and production planning.
This is the role
As the new Group Operational Excellence Specialist, you will get a truly versatile role. Depending on your competencies, you can participate in our projects as a core team member or take on a more project management-related role.
You will be in contact with colleagues from all over the world: One day, you might talk to the technical director in Russia or a factory controller in Canada. Next day, you might travel to local sites to provide guidance to the local operational management teams.
Supporting the implementation of our Operational Excellence standards, you:
- Plan and perform analyses of factory operations to identity improvement potential within productivity, production, output and quality
- Train and coach colleagues at our local sites in doing analyses and observations, and together, you define and implement new group standards based on Lean principles, digitalization and continuous improvement
- Contribute to establishing a strong toolbox for operation improvements, and you identify and share best practices across the organisation
- Develop implementation plans, establish KPI's as well as follow-up structures, and you ensure that local management teams take ownership of the outcome
- Run or participate in value stream projects to address constraints and reduce complexity.
This is what you offer
You have strong communication and influencing skills, allowing you to collaborate with colleagues at different levels. Moreover, you have strong kaizen and problem-solving skills, and you are highly driven to push for optimisations wherever possible. Also, you have excellent intercultural competencies and the flexibility to travel 80-100 days a year within Denmark and internationally. You also bring:
- A master of science within industrial engineering, business or finance
- 2-3 years practical experience from lean manufacturing implementations with a proven track record within operation and administration, preferably from consulting
- Demonstrated coaching and facilitation skills, allowing you to work at all levels of the organisation
- Some experience as project manager, but it is not a requirement
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
This is what we offer
You will become part of a company with a legacy rooted in values that spring from being a family-owned enterprise. While having a proud history, ROCKWOOL are also looking to the future. Digitisation is a key tool for achieving the overall company strategy, and in the future, you might be involved in projects implementing AI or automation at the factories.
ROCKWOOL value professional development, and good internal career opportunities are a big part of this. Caring about teamwork and team spirit your new team is always ready to help and they hold humour in high regard.
This is how you proceed
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward a copy of your CV and cover letter in English and in one document. If you have any questions you are welcome to contact Team Manager Susan Lindsted on +45 2936 8831.
Hays Denmark is part of Hays Plc, which is listed on London Stock Exchange (FTSE 250). Hays Plc is the world's leading recruiting experts in qualified, professional and skilled work.
We operate across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. We are market leaders in the UK and Australia, and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. As of September 2011, the Group employed 7,600 staff operating from 255 offices in 31 countries across 20 specialisms.
Our combination of deep expertise across a wide spectrum of specialised industries and professions makes us unparalleled recruiters in the world of work.
Hays Specialist Recruitment A/S has operated in Denmark since 2008. We specialise in following areas of specialism: Accountancy & Finance, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, HR, Insurance, IT, Legal, Logistics, Life Sciences and Sales & Marketing. For more information see www.hays.dk
Read more about Hays - click here