Senior Research Scientist - Bioinformatics
Do you want to help millions of people with allergy? Do you have a passion for solving biological questions? As scientist at ALK, you will work mainly with drug discovery and biomarker research within allergy. You will be part of interdisciplinary project teams with the responsibility to combining complex data sets from multiple sources, including data derived from clinical trials. Collaboration is a key to success, and you will work closely with enthusiastic colleagues in Global Research on solving key scientific questions.
The goal is to provide innovative solutions to treat allergy in the form of new treatment concepts or biomarkers that allow for optimal patient selection for allergy immunotherapy. Big data is everywhere, and you will have the opportunity to be involved in projects with data handling and analysis throughout the organisation. The position as Senior Research Scientist will be in the Bioinformatics Team within the Translational Research Department.
Field of responsibility and qualifications
- You have a strong background in bioinformatics, biostatistics, computational biology or similar with at least 5 years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical companies or as a Postdoc
- You have solid experience with statistical methods such as survival analysis and mixed models, and preferably an understanding of machine learning methodologies
- You have hands-on experience with data generated by mass spectrometry, next-generation sequencing technologies or microarrays
- You are comfortable writing code in a language such as R or Python for data analysis
- You enjoy working closely with bench scientists to collaboratively solve complex biological problems
- You have the ability to contribute with statistical and bioinformatics analyses, as well as with creative thinking within the team, across teams and across departments
- You are able to communicate insights and complex results to non-computational audiences, for example via meaningful data visualizations
ALK provides a dynamic and pleasant work environment with inspiring and challenging assignments. The results of your efforts will be significant throughout the organisation and you will be able to actively influence and challenge the status quo. Our flat structures attract independent individuals who like to feel the progress of the business and enjoy being close to the decision-making process. You will be part of an engaged and informal team that values skill and knowledge creation. We consider our pioneering spirit coupled with our trustworthiness our winning formula. ALK is a health-focused organisation and our offices offer a green view of the DTU Science Park in Hørsholm.
For further information on the position please contact Head of Bioinformatics, Thomas Stranzl, +45 61911103.
How to apply
Please click on "apply here" and kindly remember to attach a letter of motivation and CV. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
ALK-Abelló A/S 10313 Bioinformatics
At ALK, we go to work every day to make a difference for the many people with allergy around the world. It is our ambition to make life with allergy surprisingly simple for as many people as possible, and we build upon our strong heritage as a pioneer in allergy immunotherapy, when we continue to innovate, develop and market new products and solutions to help improve the health of people with allergy.
Every day, our employees contribute to our aspiration of becoming the world leader in allergy by coming to work to do their best in the pursuit of providing new and better allergy treatments and solutions. We work in a high-energy, international setting where it is imperative that our people thrive and develop. Creativity, influence and opportunities are key elements in developing our people.
ALK is a global company with production sites in Denmark, France, Spain and the United States. ALK was founded in Copenhagen in 1923 and today we employ around 2,300 people around the world. Our global headquarter is located in beautiful surroundings in Hørsholm, north of Copenhagen.