Experienced Cloud Engineer
Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Novozymes IT you help empower people, enable decision making and create the agility that will strengthen Novozymes’ competitive edge and extend the reach of our biological answers.
Experienced Cloud Engineer, Novozymes IT, Lyngby
Do you prefer to work in teams and collaborate with others to clarify requirements? Do you have a good sense of humor and can communicate well with people from different organizational units? Then this is an excellent opportunity to join our team.
In your role as Cloud Engineer in Novozymes, you work on designing and establishing solutions that can facilitate data-driven decision making at all levels in the organization.
You work with a group of highly skilled cloud engineers and experts in a newly established department, utilizing the newest emerging technologies in an agile environment and the team supports and delivers cloud and/or open source tools to support Novozymes Business units on IoT and Big Data initiatives.
As a Cloud Engineer, you gain a broad business understanding of Novozymes globally and you solve challenging business issues through engagement with stakeholders across all management levels in Novozymes.
You will be a key contributor in designing and developing cloud data services to support these initiatives and your responsibilities will include building, maintaining and improving the infrastructure and processes and designing Infrastructure with strict Security principles.
You will help to deploy applications and services to production and ensure fast delivery through the Continuous Delivery pipeline.
You will also identify opportunities, design and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity as well as defining standards and best practices to be shared with other developers across organization.
In Novozymes we value a good work life balance and we offer a challenging and exciting position with a large area of responsibility, a large degree of freedom in planning and mode of action in your work with huge potential for personal and professional development.
In this role you need:
- A BSc or MSc degree in a technical field and +4 years of experience as a Cloud Engineer: It is and advantage if you have a background in DevOps/SRE software development with focus on infrastructure and operations.
- Public cloud platform expert knowledge, especially AWS and/or Azure and hands-on experience with building cloud applications and a good understanding of cloud infrastructures.
- Experience with Linux/Windows system administration or backend development.
- A solid understanding of on-premises technologies (e.g. VMware, OpenStack or Hyper-V) and solid understanding of Active Directory and ADFS.
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Code (Terraform) and large-scale application deployment and management.
- Experience in creating solution architectures for availability, performance and cost as well as experience or strong interest in IoT/sensor-to-cloud and experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment environments.
- Knowledge of configuration management systems (one of Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar) and container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Mesosphere, Docker Swarm).
- To have a curious, self-driven personality. You thrive working with complicated problem solving, and you are good at building up new competences in an independent and motivated manner.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com
For more information please contact Head of Cloud Data Enabling, Sissel Elsman, by phone +45 3077 3017.
Application deadline: June 14th.
Please send your application online as soon as possible, as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.
Please attach your CV, cover letter and diploma(s) when you apply.