DBI Plastics is growing globally. We develop protective solutions for all major players in the highly complex and competitive automotive industry as well as for major global machine and engineering customers. Our aim is to grow significantly during the years to come – and we invest heavily in all areas. This position as an Accounting Specialist is based in our factory site in Swidnica, and you will be reporting to our Chief Accountant in our Polish Office.
DBI Plastics cultivates an informal workplace and is constantly focusing on individual as well as organisational development with a mentality in the sweet spot between the growing global organization and the small entrepreneurial start-up company. We constantly support an open dialogue in the teams and between managers and employees and the overall development for our employees and our company.
As one of the first manufacturers of plastics in Denmark with more than 85 years of experience, today, DBI is a global AAA rated company certified according to: IATF16949:2016, ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015, and ISO50001:2011. Our key business focus area is strategic protective solutions, based on system solutions for Machine and Engineering industries, and individual developments, as well as connect solutions dedicated to the Automotive industry.
Main responsibilities in the position
- Manage the daily accounting and book keeping tasks, including general ledger, accounts payables, accounts receivables and bank entries
- Managing cash register
- Ensure preparation of bank transfers and accounting of bank statements
- Ensure confirmation and reconciliation of balances with contractors: suppliers and recipients
- Ensure reconciliation of AP accounts, payables reporting (monitoring receivables, etc.)
- Ensure timely preparation and completion of documentation for the purposes of VAT UE declaration
- Assisting the monthly closing procedure including reconciliations, accruals and reportings
- Assisting in compliance to local accounting procedures and regulations, including timely reporting to relevant authorities.
- University degree in accounting or finance
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Strong ability to work both in a team and individually
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical thinking, attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Great diligence and attention to detail as you will provide data and documentation for both internal and external reporting and audits
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an Accountant preferably from an international organization
- Good knowledge of MS Excel
- Dynamic and self-motivated personality
- Good knowledge of German is a plus
- Possibility of professional development in a dynamically developing company
- An interesting job profile in a multinational family-owned company
- Attractive employment conditions depending on experience and skills
- Stabil contract of employment
- Flexible work environment
- Opportunity to demonstrate your own initiatives
- Friendly and supportive company environment
- Private medical care
- Social events
- Fresh fruits every week.
The Accounting Specialist will be based in DBI Plastics Sp. z o.o. in Swidnica. Areas served by DBI globally are Europe, Asia, North America and South America, with more than 200 employees globally. For additional information please contact our Chief Accountant in Poland, Milena Szwajkowska on Milena.Szwajkowska@dbiplastics.com.
Please apply for the position by sending your cover letter and CV using the “Apply now” button below prior to 12.00 on June 30. We will only consider applicants who apply online. Please do not send by mail. We will only work with candidates from whom we receive cover letters and resumes in English.
Please observe that we will do interview rounds for this position in the end of week 25 and in week 27.
DBI Plastics A/S is a privately held company founded in 1937. DBI develops and produce protective devices within 3 business areas; Automotive, Machine and Engineering. The company has a little over 200 employees with a turnover of 175 MDKK. Headquarter is in Stenlille, Denmark, with regional offices and production facilities in China, France, Germany, Poland and USA.
For additional information on DBI and our core values, please visit www.dbiplastics.com/top/About_DBI/Our_values_and_code_of_conduct.aspx.