Contract Logistics Manager
At the VELUX Group, we give you the chance to grow. To shape your own career. To work in an international environment. To be part of a company that leads the market in sustainable indoor living. We offer you a world of opportunities – if you have the ability and the drive to take them.
Discover more at velux.com/career or velux.dk/karriere
Would you like to manage the procurement of logistics services for a world-renowned company? And do you want to take part in establishing a global commercial logistics function for our entire European operation?
This is a unique opportunity for you to shape your future career as you impact a highly complex logistics set-up with 100+ service providers across Europe.
At our office in Kolding, Denmark, you will join the Contract Logistics Commercial department, responsible for all outsourced logistics agreements across inbound logistics, distribution centres, road distribution (Parcels/Groupage/FTL) and Air & Sea.
The procurement of logistics services has gradually been globalised, and therefore, the Contract Logistics function is anchored within the VELUX Logistics department in Kolding, Denmark. You will join a relatively new team, including 2 contract logistics managers like yourself. Together, you will set and implement the future sourcing direction for our logistics service provider portfolio and our logistics set-up.
Depending on your background and interests, you will be responsible for your own logistics area/region as you:
- Review and streamline existing supplier contracts to match logistics needs
- Handle tender and procurement processes, including negotiating and signing contracts with logistics service suppliers and monitoring performance with respect to quality, service and costs
- Act as a business partner to the regional directors and participate in strategic, tactical and cross-functional projects
- Help develop the department’s KPI baseline and long-term strategy for in-house and outsourced logistics
- Manage supplier relationships and drive/support the SRM system set-up and related processes
- Take on budget responsibility for assigned areas
“Both our logistics needs and current logistics structures are highly complex. So, you need to team up with colleagues from across the business to get a thorough understanding of their requirements and to show them the opportunities your team can offer,” explains Michael Corvinius Lyhne, Director, Contract Logistics Commercial.
You have a thorough understanding of the logistics industry and experience with negotiating service contracts on either side of the table. Thus, we imagine that you:
- Have 5+ years of experience with logistics procurement, or alternatively, as a logistics manager or account manager in a transport/logistics company
- Possess excellent stakeholder management skills and the interpersonal abilities to drive change in an international organisation
- Communicate effortlessly in English in both speech and writing
- Are able to travel approx. 40 days a year
Joining a well-functioning team of 7 dedicated colleagues, you will help lead the transformation of our logistics function which is a top priority for the VELUX Group. Therefore, you can truly make your mark on your own position and the future of your department.
“In this global set-up, everything is up for negotiation – from our supplier portfolio and internal procurement processes to our KPIs. You do not have to run all decisions by me, and you’re free to rely on your expertise to raise the bar for the way we handle logistics in Europe,” says Michael.
Application and contact
GML-HR is handling this recruitment on behalf of VELUX. You are welcome to contact Partner at GML-HR Lars Halsboe at +45 2425 8808 to inquire about the position and obtain further information. All inquiries are treated confidentially. If this position should be of interest to you, please apply by clicking the "Apply" button. Do not hesitate to apply as the applications will be reviewed continuously.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible.
As soon as possible
For more information:
Lars Halsboe +45 2425 8808
For 75 years, the VELUX Group has created better living environments for people around the world; making the most of daylight and fresh air through the roof. Our product programme includes roof windows and modular skylights as well as a range of decoration and sun screenings, roller shutters, installation solutions and intelligent home controls. These products help to ensure a healthy and sustainable indoor climate, for work and learning, for play and pleasure. We work globally – with sales and manufacturing operations in more than 40 countries and around 9,500 employees worldwide. The VELUX Group is owned by VKR Holding A/S, a limited company wholly owned by foundations and family.
For more information, visit www.velux.com