Nuevolution: Accelerating modern Drug Discovery
Nuevolution is dedicated to the identification and development of novel drug programs addressing unmet medical needs with a main disease focus on Inflammation and Oncology. We currently run more than 15 small molecule discovery programs in our own pipeline or in collaboration with our national and international industrial, institutional and academic partners.
For Scientist position we seek candidates capable of contributing to Nuevolution programs by the utilization and further development of our world-leading Chemetics® technology platform. We offer an open-minded working environment, top-level team-work with great colleagues. We provide a stimulating and international work place – promoting dedication and innovation at the highest level to push the boundaries of drug discovery. If you are a committed, enthusiastic, team spirited and goal-oriented hands-on experimentalist with a flair for accuracy and detail, and have the desire for new challenges, we may have the position for you.
You will be part of our DNA-Encoded Library Production Team. The position offers technical and scientific challenges within an exciting new field of drug discovery, including Chemetics® technology development. You will together with the Library Production Team participate in, among others:
- the generation of libraries containing billions of novel DNA-encoded compounds
- working on optimization of existing combinatorial chemistries
- development of new chemistries for our libraries
- quality control of library fragments.
This position is lab-based and offers the chance to work with both chemistry and molecular biology techniques, including parallel synthetic chemistry both in solution and on support, gel electrophoresis and DNA ligation etc.
What we look for
The ideal candidate should:
- hold a M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry or related discipline with a solid understanding of organic chemistry as well as an insight in molecular biology
- have up to 2 years of drug discovery experience
- have a structured working approach, a desire for bench work, multitasking skills, good computer skills, be good at trouble shooting, be very comfortable working both individually and in teams
- thrive in an organization where responsibilities are taken, and objectives are met
- show high motivation, dedication, creativity with an ambition to succeed
- have excellent people, communication and English language skills.
An interest in DNA chemistry and chemistry in aqueous media will be an advantage.
The place of work will mainly be at our well accessible premises in Copenhagen.
For further information, contact Titi A. Kronborg, Head of Library Production(firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +45 39 13 09 27). For further company details please visit Nuevolution’s homepage (www.nuevolution.com).
To apply for this position, please send your application marked “Scientist ” including CV to email@example.com or Nuevolution A/S, Rønnegade 8, DK-2100 Copenhagen, Denmark, no later than July 18th, 2019.
Nuevolution AB (publ) is a leading small molecule drug discovery biotech company founded in 2001, and headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. Nuevolution partners its discovery platform and develops its programs alone and in collaboration with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to seek future benefit for patients in need of novel medical treatment options. Nuevolution’s internal programs are focused on therapeutically important diseases targets within severe inflammatory diseases and cancer.
Nuevolution AB (publ) is listed at Nasdaq in Stockholm, Sweden (ticker: NUE). More information about Nuevolution can be found on: www.nuevolution.com