Head of Global Public Affairs
Do you want to set the public affairs agenda for the world’s most sustainable company?
As Head of Global Public Affairs in the world’s most sustainable company, you play a key role in advancing our business priorities, while creating awareness of how our biological solutions can help address global challenges, such as food waste, healthy living and sustainable agriculture. Want to join us?
Join a passionate team of professionals
You will join a newly established team, where Sustainability, Communication and Public Affairs are working side by side to help advance Chr. Hansen’s contribution to a better world.
You will lead a small, dedicated, team and you will work proactively with relevant parts of Chr. Hansen’s organization, regulatory, R&D, sales and regional teams to design and execute strategies for advancing business priorities. You will provide analytical support and advice regarding strategic positioning and policy issues as well as represent those views externally to Chr. Hansen’s Public Affairs audiences.
Excellent EU networking skills and understanding of food regulation
As Head of Global Public Affairs, you are responsible for driving the public affairs agenda at a global level, but with a clear focus at the European Union.
- In close collaboration with business divisions, you will shape and execute a public affairs strategy. It will effectively contribute to policy development that supports short term and strategic business success for the benefit of the consumers.
- Serve as the chief lobbyist and government relations advisor for the company on legislative and policy issues.
- Develop, implement and lead a strategic approach to engage company executives in the public affairs agenda. Engage industry associations to help advance a favourable regulatory environment in key business areas.
- Stay ahead of the development in the EU on key policy issues relevant for Chr. Hansen’s current business and future business opportunities – and keep the business informed.
- Prepare policy briefings for pending legislative processes and keep track of relevant legislative processes.
- Lead a small dedicated Public Affairs team and build on the resources in the Global regulatory team that is also working on the public affairs.
- Help in-country teams to engage with governments, through guidance on government affairs and access to relevant networks.
- Develop a public affairs tool box and conduct internal training to colleagues that are supporting the public affairs agenda.
You can look forward to some travelling in the role.
Strong relationship builder with business experience and an ability to lead
As a person you have:
- Relevant academic degree E.g. Master of Political Science, Law or technical degree.
- 10+ years’ experience within government, public affairs.
- Experience from working in a global organization with public affairs is an advantage.
- Proven experience in getting a win in the EU legislative process, while working outside the EU system.
- Experience and insights into the biotechnology sector and food is a strong advantage.
- Excellent written and oral skills in English, preferably also German and French.
- Strong networker, with a winning personality with an ability to get things through with all types of stakeholders.
- Manager and team player.
- Self-starter, able to identify and executive on policy and public affairs projects with minimal oversight.
- Global outlook and ability to collaborate with teams around the world.
A career with Chr. Hansen
Joining Chr. Hansen is your opportunity to make a meaningful difference while unfolding your career in a truly global setting. Our founder, Christian D. A. Hansen, was an entrepreneur and that mentality is still very present and valued today as we look for new talent to strengthen our team.
We believe that engagement matters. Every one of our 32 global offices offer an agile organization proud to promote an inspiring work environment and a collaborative culture with the passion to make a difference.
You will be part of the Sustainability, Public Affairs and Communications team, reporting to Senior Director Annemarie Meisling. If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to contact Annemarie Meisling at e-mail: DKANME@chr-hansen.com
Deadline for applications is August 5, 2019, but please submit your cover letter and CV as soon as possible since we will be processing incoming applications continually.
Read more about a career at Chr. Hansen here: https://www.chr-hansen.com/en/career
Do you want to help improve food and health around the world?
At Chr. Hansen, food and health is at the heart of everything we do and our natural ingredients are consumed by more than 1 billion people every day. As a global market leader in bioscience, we have the opportunity to address important global challenges such as food waste, healthy living and sustainable agriculture and we need the brightest and most passionate people on board to succeed. Want to join us?
A career with Chr. Hansen
Joining Chr. Hansen is your opportunity to make a meaningful difference while unfolding your career in a global setting. In each of our 32 global offices, you will be able to experience an agile organization that is proud to encourage an inspiring work environment and a collaborative culture full of passion to make a difference.
Our founder, Christian D. A. Hansen, was a true entrepreneur and that mentality is still very present and valued today – as we look for new talent to strengthen our team. We are always looking for people who can take charge, come up with new ideas and form their own work practice and methods. Engagement matters to us, therefore we offer a work environment where cooperation and respect are the top priorities.
Chr. Hansen is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. The products include cultures, enzymes, probiotics and natural colors, and all solutions are based on strong research and development competencies coupled with significant technology investments. Revenue in the 2015/16 financial year was EUR 949 million. The company has more than 2,800 dedicated employees in 30 countries and main production facilities in Denmark, France, USA and Germany. Chr. Hansen was founded in 1874 and is listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. For further information, please visit www.chr-hansen.com