Senior Manager, Global Operational Excellence
Join a leading global pharmaceutical company where your contributions will have a significant impact!
This role offers a unique opportunity to join Xellia at an exciting time in their development and growth. Xellia embarks on an exciting growth journey with their resent US launch of their own product a ready-to-use-premix anti-infective and a future focus on expanding the number of products in their portfolio and growing their revenue over the coming years.
As Senior Manager, Global Operational Excellence you will get a tremendous opportunity to influence change and make a significant impact when it comes to raising the bar for productivity and efficiency at the different manufacturing sites.
Contribute to realising Xellia global growth strategy by leading optimisation initiatives
As Senior Manager, Global Operational Excellence, you will join the Global Product Supply organisation (GPS), be part of the leadership team in GPS and have direct report to Senior Vice President of Global Product Supply.
The focus in the role will be to develop and implement a framework focused on productivity and efficiency at all GPS sites globally. This role is critical to create a continuous improvement culture and manage a portfolio of efficiency projects across the entire manufacturing network. You will be the one to set the direction and formalise the overall program as well as define, prioritise and level with the different sites, sites metrics and productivity plan.
It will be critical for the success of the role to build a strong relation with the different relevant stakeholders in order to influence and communicate the significance of the efficiency projects as well as to locate project resources and keep track of the project implementation.
Key main responsibilities
- Implement Operational Excellence in the GPS sites in Cleveland, Copenhagen, Budapest and Taizhou, leveraging the existing site-based talent.
- Develop a continuous improvement culture that uses Lean and Six Sigma tools for problem solving, root cause analysis, and project execution.
- Lead the definition and implementation of the Balanced Scorecard including metrics definition and tracking as well as weekly and monthly reporting.
- Implement robust assessments and processes which support a site manufacturing center of excellence in the areas of customer service, efficiencies, cycle time, cost effectiveness, process optimization, and skills enhancement.
- Evaluate operations and identify opportunities for operational improvement and simplification in manufacturing operations, materials, equipment and utilities. Use metrics at all levels to monitor, control and improve performance.
Your background and professional experience
Experience from pharmaceutical manufacturing operations is essential for appropriate decision-making ability in the position. You should also have a strong background in the methodology of LEAN/Six Sigma. Have experience in leading organizational changes and managing complex projects involving productivity improvement initiatives. Have strong leadership skills and ability to impact and influence constituencies at all levels.
As this is a global role you should be open to travel up to 50 % of the time but you will work out of the Xellia Headquarter in Copenhagen.
Would you like to know more?
Send us your CV and we will get in touch with you. If you have any questions, call or write to Senior Research Consultant Joan Hemmingsen (+45) 70 20 12 75. Candidates are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your CV as soon as possible.
Xellia Pharmaceuticals is owned by Novo Holding A/S and is a specialty pharmaceutical company leading in the development, manufacture and supply of anti-infective treatments. Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Xellia has global facilities in Europe, North America, and Asia, currently employing over 1700 people. With over 100 years of industry experience in developing last resort treatments for infectious diseases, Xellia is focused on the supply of products which not only save lives, but also improve and enhance patients’ quality of life. Together with us, you can help lead the fight against bacterial infections.
Read more about Xellia Pharmaceuticals here