At the VELUX Group, we give you the chance to grow. To shape your own career. To work in an international environment. To be part of a company that leads the market in sustainable indoor living. We offer you a world of opportunities - if you have the ability and the drive to take them.
Do you have a technical understanding of front-end service and knowledge of manufacturing IT? Would you like to dig deep into a global digital workspace solution to ensure that it remains efficient and relevant to thousands of colleagues worldwide?
Join us and take a lead role in the implementation of a company-wide cloud connected workplace solution.
In our Digital Workspace & Applications division in Kolding, you will work together with 5 fellow solution architects dedicated to providing the best possible digital setup for all of the VELUX Group.
'We have the goal of creating a workspace that is completely hassle-free and updated. This presents many interesting challenges and decisions to make as we have many different divisions that have different needs to cater to,' explains Digital Workplace Lead Gert Thrane Christensen.
In this position, you are responsible for finding and implementing solutions that match the needs of the business. This includes all computers, tablets and smartphones as well as the digital framework for app, data and desktop delivery. Specifically, you will focus on providing solutions for our many production sites worldwide.
To accomplish this, you:
- Govern daily operations of platforms in collaboration with our external partners
- Solve software needs and issues by exploring and identifying solutions
- Plan and execute solutions, including POCs and testing, together with the team and our external partners
- Partake in decision-making for software and hardware purchases, maintaining constant mobile-first thinking
- Drive projects such as software updates and the implementation of a planned, company-wide cloud solution.
'This position requires a lot of communication with the team, the organisation and our external partners in India. And they will also be there to support you in the implementation of a companywide cloud solution for our digital workspace,' Gert adds.
- You have 3+ years of technical experience - either as a solution architect or as an IT supporter, project manager, consultant or similar with an interest in architecture management
- You have knowledge of both hardware and software on PC level
- It is a plus if you have knowledge of data analytics, Microsoft SCCM, Intune, Assure and other cloud solutions and services, different security solutions as well as general software development
- You are able to travel abroad occasionally and maximum 15 days per year to visit colleagues and partners all over the world
- You speak and write fluent English.
'Future IT solutions are such a focal point right now, especially for manufacturing, as our factories become increasingly digital. So, you get to play with the newest technologies here and make suggestions for our next moves going forward,' says Gert.
Working with us, you will also experience plenty of opportunity to grow and push your career in the direction you want it to go. We are always looking for an extra set of hands and minds to work on different projects and subjects. Would you like to become a project manager, or maybe a subject matter expert? This may be your change to achieve that goal.
Application and contact
If you would like to know more about this opportunity and the VELUX Group, please feel free to contact Digital Workplace Lead Gert Thrane Christensen by telephone +45 21 16 50 14.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible.
Application deadline: As soon as possible.
Work place: Kolding.
For more information: Gert Thrane Christensen +45 21 16 50 14.
For 75 years, the VELUX Group has created better living environments for people around the world; making the most of daylight and fresh air through the roof. Our product programme includes roof windows and modular skylights as well as a range of decoration and sun screenings, roller shutters, installation solutions and intelligent home controls. These products help to ensure a healthy and sustainable indoor climate, for work and learning, for play and pleasure. We work globally – with sales and manufacturing operations in more than 40 countries and around 9,500 employees worldwide. The VELUX Group is owned by VKR Holding A/S, a limited company wholly owned by foundations and family.
For more information, visit www.velux.com