Data Engineer, Data & Insights, Global Marketing
Would you like to design, build and test data pipeline architecture at a global scale? Do you know how to etl and write code to support advanced analytics? And do you have experience working in a team of data scientists and data analysts? Then we might have the right job for you.
Say hello to the Consumer Data and Insights team at PANDORA. We’re a group of data-driven professionals who support the global marketing teams with actionable insights. We have a data lake, a unified analytics platform and solid communication skills that help us translate data into business value. In your role you will work closely together with a team of data scientists and engineers, who design and build distributed, high volume data pipelines, perform exploratory analysis and develop predictive and prescriptive models using open-source tech across different cloud environments. Our mission is clear: We are here to deliver data-driven experiences in all consumer journey touchpoints, develop actionable insights to inform business decisions and have fun while doing it.
Your areas of responsibilities:
In this position you will definitely shape the future of your position and you can expect to elevate the following job assignments:
- Fulfill the data requirements of data scientists, BI and other stakeholders by building data environments and data products in Microsoft Azure.
- Integrate various cloud technologies into workflows and data pipelines.
- Build distributed, high-volume data pipelines to power new insights based on analytics and machine-learning using open source tech stacks across different cloud providers.
- Collaborate and co-develop cloud solutions and architecture with a remote development team – including refining business needs and use-cases into development tasks.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy high performance data applications – e.g. deploying machine learning models as APIs, integrate insights into external platforms, etc.
- Build and maintain data structures and databases.
- Design and implement ETL (extract-transform-load) and data cleansing processes.
- Deliver accurate, fully tested workflows and documentation that meets business requirements.
What is needed to succeed:
- Hands-on experience in deploying data pipelines delivering data for multiple use-cases – dashboards, data scientists/analysts, etc.
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments (such as Apache Beam, Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, MapReduce, Flume, Databricks etc.).
- Hands-on experience with data modelling techniques (ER, dimensional, layered, etc.).
- Experience in writing advanced SQL queries, stored procedures, etc.
- Experience in designing data models and using different database management systems (key/value, NoSQL, relational, Graph, SQL).
- Database architecture and optimization (sort keys, indexes, query optimization…)
- Data cleansing and feature engineering techniques (feature scaling, normalization, transformation, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with development and deployment of applications – continuous integration/delivery, testing, Git, etc.
- Experience with one or more of the big cloud providers and their services (GCP, Azure, AWS, SAP, IBM …)-
Your personal qualifications make a difference:
How would you rate yourself on the 4 C’s? We believe that communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity are key competences that will help anyone regardless of job function, title or skillset, in becoming a success. If you can see yourself working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with many stakeholders, where your communication and interpersonal skills are needed and your ability to collaborate and innovate as a team is essential, we would love to hear from you.
Your new team:
Pandora is a company with a big heart that takes great pride in treating our people well.
You will be part of an exciting business area and work in an international hub of can-do spirited, passionate and performance-driven people. We are a growing team of 6 people, who work closely together, help each other out and appreciate an informal and humorous tone.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact the Hiring Manager:
Director, Data and Insights, Global Marketing
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of the Pandora’s future please click on "Apply now". We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.