Pre-Sales Technical Specialist
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that operates at the cutting edge of technology development. We are dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through the creation of ground-breaking, high-precision and energy-saving technologies. From printers and 3LCD projectors, to augmented reality smart glasses, Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning products to customers across the world.
Epson is now seeking a motivated and proactive Pre Sales Specialist to manage and coordinate customer support services, and drive and support sales of business products (Business Scanners & Printers) towards resellers as well as end user clients within the private and public sector. The successful candidate will help us to understand the customer requirements and will to align and put them in scope with Epson’s product portfolio to provide solutions meeting and exceeding customer needs.
The Pre Sales Technical Specialist will report to the Business Sales Manager and will also be responsible for providing high-level technical sales support to the local Business sales team, customers and channel partners.
The position is based in our Denmark office in Brøndby and will involve travel across your target region as required.
- Engage and build relationships with customers, channel partners and their technical representatives early in the sales cycle and throughout the sales process to understand their business needs and solution objectives
- Produce technical requirement plans for allocated customer segment
- In conjunction with the sales team, formulate a product / system proposal delivering more value to customers at better margins through optimally defined solutions
- Support and educate the local sales team, customers and channel partners in delivering projects at the customer locations
- Manage the technical discussion/negotiation process with the customer and any linked external service providers or contractors
- Scope software/ hardware requirements and desired outcomes, and work with relevant local and/or central teams deliver the required solution; including maintaining a high level of communication across functional groups and managing milestones
- Engage in active communication with key strategic customers and partners to identify and influence the most appropriate solution in-line with defined commercial requirements from the sales development group
- Support local sales team, customers and channel partners with product information, and updates in-line with launch
- Provide technical support expertise to sales exhibitions and events, either managed centrally or in-conjunction with the sales team
- Develop bespoke demonstration software / hardware documentation for local sales departments and partners
- Evaluate new products / software, identifying potential problems and provide input to Product Management team
- Co-ordinate the feed information and market intelligence to sales and Business Management to support the development of a balanced pipeline of opportunities for the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a pre-sales or technical product marketing environment with a focus on B to B /End User solution sales in a similar industry
- Ideally educated to degree level in technical specialism
- Computer literate in Windows server environment and have a basic knowledge of virtualization systems
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills both verbal and written
- Innovative, but logical approach to problem solving with a solution orientation
- Fluency in Danish and English languages (both written and spoken).
If you are seeking an opportunity to work with a leading brand we are keen to hear from you.
Epson makes products and delivers solutions for a wide range of customers and we are committed to having a diverse workforce. Colleagues based in all offices feel valued as part of our Global Community. We are going through an exciting period of growth and looking for people that have the spirit to seize new opportunities and drive growth.