Structured Finance & Accounting Manager for Evolving fashion company
Do you see yourself as a part of a dynamic company with an international working culture and devoted colleagues?
Would you like to be a part of a sincere sustainability agenda where we believe taking small steps in a bigger picture makes a difference?
Are you structured, service minded, and with an eye for details?
Do you have 5+ years’ experience in finance and accounting - and love challenges?
Then you might be the one we are looking for as GANNI’s new Finance and Accounting Manager. The role of the manager is diverse - from achieving deadlines across internal monthly closings - to external reporting, our new Finance and Accounting Manager will drive optimization & efficiency throughout our accounting processes. You will be based at our Headquarter in Copenhagen reporting to Director of Finance and Accounting.
Key responsibilities include
- Facilitate and complete monthly, quarterly and annual close procedures in a timely and accurate manner including preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules
- Oversee the general ledger, A/R & A/P, inventory and fixed assets controls
- Reconciling intercompany accounts across subsidiaries in DK, US, UK, SE, FR and NO
- Perform internal controls in line with agreed framework
- Ensure data accuracy in Dynamic Navision Trimit accounting
- Identify accounting issues, take lead and participate in optimization projects across AP and AR and controlling area, leading to supervision of AP and AR functions
- Ad hoc deep dive of accounts and transactions, supporting our business partners with technical or commercial analysis
- Preparation of cash flow and balance sheet forecasts, reporting and variance analysis
- Reporting and preparation of technical financial ratios to external stakeholders
- Support on business cases to facilitate new initiatives in the business
- Coordinate the cooperation with VAT partners for compliance topics across borders, VAT reconciliation and filings
- Identify any shortfalls in compliance & risk
- Maintain accounting processes and policy documentation.
The ideal candidate
- Relevant education such as cand.merc. or HD-R
- You have technical accounting knowledge and are familiar with latest accounting standards
- You have professional experience from a similar position preferably as an auditor or you have a solid experience from an accounting function within an international company
- Proactive, ambitious and self-driven while also being a team player
- You have attention to detail and deliver uncompromising quality while thrive in a dynamic and busy environment
- You have a strong drive, are passionate about your job, are fun and easy to cooperate with while you are open for challenges
- Strong numerical and analytical skills including excel skills
- Strong financial acumen and ability to uphold a structured performance
- Experience with Navision TRIMIT is preferable but not necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Danish and English.
As we interview candidates continuously, we ask you to kindly send your application as soon as possible.
Application due: 02/09/2019.
Director of Finance & Accounting