Systems & Application Engineer
Danfoss is a global leader focused on energy-efficient solutions that save energy and costs and reduce carbon emissions. The company’s wide range of products and services are used in areas such as cooling food, air conditioning, heating buildings, controlling electric motors and powering mobile machinery. The company is also active in the field of solar and wind power as well as district heating and cooling infrastructure for cities and urban communities. Danfoss was founded in 1933 in Nordborg, Denmark. Today, the Group employs around 23,000 employees and sells its products in more than 100 countries around the world. Read more about Danfoss at www.Danfoss.com.
Danfoss Power Solutions Italy is looking for a Systems & Application Engineer preferable based in our Bologna, Italy facilities alternatively in Nordborg, Denmark or Neumünster, Germany.
You will become part of a European team consisting of 35-40 dedicated Systems & Application Engineers. Together with our customers, we develop optimized solutions related to propel, work and control functions by specifying and verifying Danfoss Power Solution products and systems. The position is at our factory and sales office in Bologna (Castel San Pietro). You work from the local office together with 4 other qualified engineers or on-site with the customers. Travelling will be part of the job.
You have direct customer contact and your main task will be to apply and validate application solutions based on Danfoss Power Solutions’ mobile hydraulic and electronic control products across the entire product line.
More in details, you will:
- Support in pre-selling, carry out customer presentations and training
- Offer system support, including:
- Technical specifications based on customer requirements
- System design and sizing
- Proposing proof-of-concept application software solutions
- On-site machine testing and tuning, or at our new Application Development Center in Nordborg (Denmark)
- Carrying out day-to-day enquiries and tasks relating to fulfilling customers’ technical requests
- Communicate the voice of our customers by sharing current and future technical mobile market needs with the EU team members and other stakeholders.
- You have a successfully completed degree, preferably as a qualified Mechatronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineer, at a level equivalent to a BSc as a minimum, or a proven relevant engineering background within hydraulics and/or electronics. Young professionals are also welcome for this position.
- If you have knowledge and experience of application engineering and ideally mobile off-road applications, this will be an advantage.
- Furthermore, you have a proven track record of project management skills, knowledge of software control solutions, communication technology and hydraulic measurement and analysis.
- We also expect you to have professional English language skills, both verbally and in writing. Additionally, it will be an advantage if you also have proficiency in other European languages.
- Ability to show front-line passion by acting pro-actively on customer request.
- We expect you to be committed and eager to learn. A growing mindset is a must.
- We expect you to be open to improvements and to have the willingness and ability to find solutions for yours and others’ ideas.
- Fluent in Italian language is a must.
- Last but not least, you have a team player mentality.
What we offer
- You will become a member of a strong team of 10 experienced Systems and Application Engineers serving customers across Southern Europe.
- An environment where you will be able to learn and develop – both professional and personal.
- An exciting job where you will have the possibility to influence the mobile applications of Tomorrow!
- A job in a Global Company where you will work across our matrix organization and establish a powerful internal network.
We are Engineering Tomorrow
The world faces growing populations, booming urbanization and rapid climate change. At Danfoss, we engineer ready-to-use solutions to these challenges. We build energy-efficient solutions that reduce food loss and make cities cleaner – using digital technology to make systems smarter and more connected – and we engineer innovative new ways to save energy and transition to clean energy for the good of our climate.
Danfoss gives you unique opportunities to put your skills to good use, make an impact and shape an exciting career. We encourage employees to take charge, do extraordinary things and run the business like it was their own. Danfoss is a global market-leading technology company. We are respected around the world and across industries for our innovative, high-quality products and solutions. Join Danfoss to be part of a world-class team of over 27,000 people in 56 countries that engineer tomorrow and build a better future.
Please watch how Danfoss is engineering tomorrow