General Manager / CEO Scandinavia
Hands-on sales and logistics operations growth challenge
Part of an international privately-owned group based in Germany, our client partners with entertainment companies and event producers to provide physical event infrastructure, including floor protection solutions, stage barriers and seating for music festivals and sporting events. Based on already strong market presence in Denmark and Norway, further growth is planned across Sweden and Finland, driven by market demand, superior service delivery and close client relationships. The challenge requires a new General Manager / CEO for the Scandinavia region to scale up through proactive sales development and partnering, and through alignment of complex logistic operations. Based in Copenhagen, the hands-on challenge to add to the blue-chip client base and develop further efficient operations across Scandinavia offers an entrepreneurial sales-oriented leader with logistics expertise what may be their first General Manager / CEO role.
- €2.5m+ P+L accountability for Scandinavia, including sales, operations, business planning and customer satisfaction
- Based in Copenhagen, lead sales / market development from the front across existing and new clients
- Set commercial direction, devising and driving optimal logistics, warehousing and operations approach and standards
- Reporting to Europe CEO and Group COO, develop, motivate and energise the local team, currently in Copenhagen
- Enhance platforms, service excellence, accountability and asset utilization; deploy functional support from Germany
- Formulate and deliver the marketing plan and training; devise and deliver additional revenue opportunities
- Add discipline, transparency and performance measurement across planning / investment decisions; liaise internationally
- Execute on the ambition to double or triple business revenues and increase scope through sound decision-making
- Challenging, high-visibility role as regional leader in a growth-oriented market unit with strategic yet hands-on remit.
The ideal candidate for the vacant position:
- 5+ years demonstrable success leading commercial direction and sales in B2B sectors involving time-critical services
- Ideally direct involvement in live events / entertainment or rental / infrastructure services with complex routing and logistics
- Proven additional experience in sales and project or event management, demonstrating client and operations leadership
- Currently Project, Sales, Commercial or Event Manager or General Manager with direct revenue generation responsibility
- Experience concentrated in service sectors focused on getting maximum value from assets and project-based logistics
- Record of scaling up business with step-changes in revenues and operations scope and complexity across Scandinavia
- Credible commercial frame of reference, demonstrating adaptability, international scope, and analytical focus on detail
- Outstanding communicating ability at all levels, natural authority to gain immediate impact and influence
- Practical insightful approach driven by common sense; incisive decision orientation and constructive team leadership
- Full command of sales and logistics, proven readiness and appetite to take on wider General Management responsibility
- Degree-level qualified, ideally MBA; international affinity, accustomed to accountability and to setting the highest standards.
For more information please contact Managing Partner Eric Price on +44 203 151 1223. Absolute confidentiality and discretion are assured.
Please send your full application with details of expected salary and availability, quoting reference no. E63 by e-mail to email@example.com
Samuel Jacques Associates, London
Executive search | Resourcing solutions