Jr Payroll Specialist
About TMF Group
TMF Group helps its clients operate internationally and ‘belong’ wherever they are in the world. We do this by making sure they are properly set up to do business in any country and compliant with local and international regulations. In today’s environment, increasing business complexity means that a one size approach doesn’t fit all - and the penalties for getting it wrong are getting heavier. Operating in over 125 jurisdictions we provide our 15,000 clients with on-the-ground compliance and administration services so they can venture further.
We keep things running seamlessly, giving them the peace of mind to focus on the bigger picture. Our people localize the global world to help businesses succeed, which in turn helps communities to prosper. We firmly believe that the only way to be truly ‘global’ is to put local first, which is what our team of 8,000 in-country experts do for businesses of all sizes, every day.
Established in 1999, TMF Group’s Copenhagen office services a diverse portfolio of industries including financial and professional services, retail, consumer goods and energy. Our team of local experts provide accounting, legal, tax compliance, corporate secretarial and HR and payroll services.
Provide support to HR & Payroll team by collecting and reviewing primary documentation to ensure timely and quality payroll preparation and calculation and daily deliverables of excellent services to a portfolio of assigned clients. Perform a variety of payroll activities under close supervision.
The role is part time - 80%.
- Ensure the collection of the payroll processing documents and other input accounting and tax information in due time;
- Check the payroll input data documents for compliance with the local regulations and the contracts;
- Prepare payroll calculations if requested by senior staff;
- Proceed filing the documents in accordance with the established filing system and maintain client’s files complete and in a good order;
- Accurate processing of all payroll input documents and information into the payroll system;
- Assistance in the preparation of reports required by the client, in accordance with the requirements of the clients;
- Review and check the accuracy of entered input data;
- Meet established deadlines for each client;
- Check the accuracy of processed information on a monthly basis and preparation of supporting analyses of the accounts if requested;
- Assist in the preparation of clients’ yearly reports in accordance with the Local regulations;
- Assist in preparation of monthly and yearly tax returns together with specification and analysis, if required by manager;
- Maintains strict confidentiality of payroll data and communicates such data only to the employee, HR Manager or executive directors;
- Works in compliance with the TMF procedures and related standards of work.
To succeed we think you have finished some formal education within accounting and payroll. If you have relevant experience that would be an advantage – however, we are looking forward to train you to one day become a specialist!
We believe you also have:
- Knowledge of Danish payroll principles and regulations;
- Good communication skills through written or verbal communication both in Danish and English;
- Experience from Lessor 5 is a distinct advantage
- Attention to details and good organizational skills.
Working at TMF group offers
Learning opportunities: you will work with highly experienced colleagues who are ready to share their knowledge, and will receive the opportunity to work on diverse and complex client requests. You will also be able to apply for and be supported for training.
Value-driven work environment: you can expect integrity and respect from all your colleagues and your leadership team.
Teamwork: an environment where we learn from our mistakes and work together to improve our processes continuously. A no-blame culture where teamwork is important, valued and lived daily.
Ambition: we are a growing company in which we constantly look for the next opportunity and where all ideas are welcome.