Sales and Operations Planner - Implementing and driving S&OP in global knowledge intensive company (4244)
Haldor Topsoe is a global company in rapid development. Our headquarters are based in Denmark, but the vast majority of our highly specialized catalysts and products are sold to industrial plants throughout the world. We now offer a unique position as a Sales and Operations Planner.
As a Sales and Operations Planner for our technology business, you will lead the initial establishment and operation of a corporate Supply Planning & Operation process for the technology business. This involves consolidation of demand forecasting for all Business Units and creating the link into a resource (supply) plan for our Global Supply Unit Technology, Procurement functions and integration of relevant finance processes.
You will be responsible for identifying supply and demand gaps, drive reconciliation, and generate the S&OP plan with appropriate action plan for approval. You will report any deviations from plan to relevant stakeholders and act as an important link between business and manufacturing processes.
As this is a new position, you will have a big influence on the role. You will furthermore be driving the implementation of S&OP in our technology business and be a key driver in the subsequent transformation of our business processes. It is therefore key having solid experience from a similar role.
The position reports directly to the S&OP Manager working across all business and resource units.
- Establish the first S&OP process together with relevant internal stakeholders and create road-map for step-wise consolidation of S&OP process considering ongoing business process projects in SalesForce and SAP
- Lead the S&OP and ensure processes work seamlessly
- Understand data quality level and continuously challenge data sources to reach quality of sufficient level
- Prepare and present S&OP plans to Executive S&OP meetings that include complete sales forecast, the resulting resource and procurement needs, suggestions for mitigating steps and the projected financial outlook with revenue recognition
- Monitor S&OP performance, and develop metrics for the same
- Identify areas of improvement and further evolution of Topsoe S&OP process, including proposal for next steps for increasing the value of the S&OP process.
- are capable of analyzing and communicating complex issues in a way that creates clarity
- are proactive and capable of breaking-down complex solutions into manageable sub-tasks and execute these step-wise, or in parallel, to create results fast at minimum risk
- are able to lead meetings effectively and deal with stakeholders 1:1 to ensure understanding of current state of affairs and way forward
- have strong analytical skills and are data-driven
- have strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills at both operational, tactic, as well as executive level
- are skilled at building consensus and driving change across business and multiple stakeholders at various levels
- instil trust when driving change – implementing new or optimizing processes.
You must have a good understanding of business and supply processes and you are proficient in SAP, excel, and power point. Experience and interest in IT and IT supported processes and how data flows between software is a benefit.
You have 5-10 years’ experience of S&OP processes from a similar position, or are highly familiar with current demand-/supply- and procurement process for Technology business.
October 6, 2019
Please contact S&OP Manager Alfred Thomas Saurage phone +45 4196 4554 if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and any references.
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2018, our revenue was approximately 890 million US dollars, and we employ some 2,200 employees.