Business Analyst, Global Merchandising
Are you passionate about data analytics, data quality and data insights? Do you have an analytical mindset and a passion for jewelry and retail? And do you want to be part of our new exciting global merchandising department in Pandora? Then you might be the new Business Analyst we are looking for!
The role is placed in the global merchandising team and aims to gain a deeper understanding of Pandora’s customers and products across geographic and demographic spheres. Your primary role as Business Analyst will be to mine our store sales data to discover trends and key insights into Pandora’s product performance. You will be responsible for providing the team with strong data analytics, while ensuring a high level of data quality, to craft these insights. In the role, you will work closely with multiple stakeholders across the Pandora including product management, regional merchandising, business intelligence, finance and retail on a regional and global level.
Your areas of responsibilities:
As our new Business Analyst you can expect to elevate the following job assignments:
- Analyse and understand performance development within the region’s markets
- Run the recurring reporting process with focus on right insights, efficiency and proper controls to ensure a high-quality level
- Assist in creating the narrative for the weekly performance reports, monthly business performance reviews, and season-end analysis
- Review and develop business cases to support various data initiatives
- Identify value-adding activities with BI
- Create management presentations.
What is needed to succeed:
- 1-3 years of experience working in a Retail or Wholesale environment (preferably high SKU)
- Strong understanding of financial, retail and inventory measures and how to analyse each - sales, gross margin, ASP/AUR, basket value,
conversion, weeks of supply, inventory turn, sell-through, etc.
- Experienced in analysing and drawing conclusions using large data sets. Ability to communicate conclusions to senior leadership a plus
- Expert in Microsoft Excel; must be confident with and enjoy the daily use of advanced excel functions and data extraction from a variety of sources. Data modelling a plus.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Ability to effectively manage time and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Driven self-starter with a positive, enthusiastic attitude and a passion for retail
- Fluent in written and spoken English (Danish is not a requirement)
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or related field.
Your personal qualifications make a difference:
You might be the person we are looking for if you are hungry, smart and humble with a great love for diversity! You are not afraid of making decisions and you have a holistic view of the business and you have a relentless focus on data performance and data insights with a high level of execution skills and attention to detail, as well as a, being a keen networker who can communicate on all levels of the organization.
Your new team:
Pandora is a company with a big heart that takes great pride in treating our people well. We are a newly established department, and you will be part of an exciting journey together with the rest of the team. You will report to Jason Bogusz, Head of Development and Analysis, and work out of the Copenhagen office; an international hub of can-do spirited, passionate, performance-driven people who work closely together, help each other out and appreciate an informal and humorous tone.
This role is based in the Pandora Global Office in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however, if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Recruiter, Global Office
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of the Pandoras future please click on "Apply now". We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen, Denmark established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides from our beautiful interior design, we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished and contemporary jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries on six continents through more than 7,500 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs more than 26,000 people worldwide of whom more than 11,500 are located in Thailand, where the Company manufactures its jewellery. Pandora is publicly listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange in Denmark. In 2018, Pandora’s total revenue was DKK 22.8 billion (approximately EUR 3.1 billion).
See all our products and collections on www.pandora.net