Global Category Manager and Marketing,
Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Research, Innovation and Supply, you will produce and deliver the biological solutions that boost our customers’ business and pave the way for a brighter future.
Global Category Manager and Marketing, Bagsværd
Novozymes is seeking a Global Category Manager (GCM) to join the Sourcing Indirect, EMA team. GCMs serve in a pivotal role, leading strategic sourcing engagements across a wide range of business units enabling a cost-efficient and value-adding approach to the procurement and contracting of products and services in Novozymes.
We offer a challenging role where close partnership with our internal stakeholders and the global community is key to make a sustainable impact and contributing to Novozymes new strategy “Better Business with Biology”. This is an opportunity to be part of the Global Sourcing and Facility Service organization and a highly professional team having a daily impact on Novozymes operations for the better of our company.
So, if you are looking for new challenges in an innovative, fast-paced and globally-oriented company, please come join us.
Your key areas of responsibility include:
- Lead the global category for Professional Services (Financial, Legal, Patent, Information Services) and Marketing and secure continued development;
- Demonstrate a working experience of best practice within sourcing and supplier engagement activities including spend analysis, supplier evaluations, RfI and RfP, supplier consolidation and more;
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders and finance responsible to identify and drive savings through sourcing engagements with a focus on Total Cost of Ownership;
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers - and together with internal stakeholders align on initiatives focusing on optimizing Total Cost of Ownerships, Source4Value, Sustainability and more;
- Deliver in an iterative process new ideas and opportunities to assure a continued project pipeline for the department to work on;
- Challenge supplier market, internal process and supplier core competencies identifying opportunities by leveraging spend and engage with stakeholders to consolidate requirements across categories, suppliers, regional responsibilities and geographic;
- Develop global sourcing strategies together with regional Category Managers aligning these to the overall objectives of the business;
- Communicate the sourcing agenda and engage to assure continued realization of the benefits achieved through your project activities;
- Implement new process and contracts and conduct relevant change management activities, to ensure your results are anchored in the organization.
You will be part of the Global Sourcing and Facility Service organization under the Senior Director reporting to the Head of Indirect Sourcing, EMA. You will be based in Bagsværd but will have close interaction with stakeholders on our Innovation Campus in Lyngby (Copenhagen).
In this position, you need to have:
- You hold a master’s degree in economics, business administration, engineering or supply chain management or come from the consultancy industry.
- You have 5-10 years of relevant strategic sourcing experience – preferably from a global company or consulting company.
- You have a global mindset and great business understanding, you communicate clearly and concisely, and you are not afraid of facilitating meetings, workshops or presenting for senior management.
- Communicate and negotiate effortlessly in writing and verbally English.
- Finally, we promote that you are self-motivated, energic and appreciate to work with other great colleagues.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bio innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com
Ranked #3 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2018.
Contact: For further information, please contact Head of Sourcing Indirect, EMA Louise Noer at +45 3077 0795.
Deadline: October 18th, 2019. As we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.
Please attach a copy of your diploma(s) when you apply for the position.