Product Technology Manager
DBI Plastics is growing across the globe. We develop protective solutions for all major players in the highly complex and competitive automotive industry as well as for major global machine and engineering customers. Our aim is to grow significantly during the years to come – and we invest heavily in all areas. DBI is a family-owned company founded in 1937 with headquarter in Denmark and regional offices located in Europe, the Americas and China. We have a strong international presence, including sales to more than 50 countries, as well as production and assembly facilities in Denmark, Poland and China.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), this is a key player role established to drive DBI’s product technology strategy in Swidnica and taking on the full palette of responsibilities connected to the successful implementation of our strategy. You will establish and drive a strong business practice for partnerships within industry business and sourced parts focusing on DBI standard product program, a broad variety of manufacturing processes, as well as tools – all in close cooperation with our global team. You will work with our global customers and decision-makers in Europe, Asia and the US within Temporary Protective Solutions.
- Technical sales support delivering full solution package
- Project management of product development projects
- Contract management towards partners and sub-suppliers for part suppliers, part manufactures within different manufacturing processes and mold makers
- Optimization and development of product portfolio within industry business and sourced parts
- Identify, evaluate and select sub-suppliers; e.g., part suppliers, part manufacturers within various manufacturing processes and mold makers
- Test and validation internally and at supplier site
- Technical documentation; e.g., product specification, PPAP documentation and test reports.
We are constantly working on improving and doing things even smarter. Therefore your curiosity, creativity and proactive thinking with a hands-on attitude will be highly appreciated and encouraged. You are self-motivated, proactive, diligent and very results oriented. You thrive working in an international setting where stakeholder management and cross-functional communication are essential ingredients for being successful.
The role - Product Technology Manager - requires a strong technical mindset within product development and manufacturing processes combined with a hunger for delivering technical solutions. Experience from the automotive industry, the injection molding industry, fasteners and fixings or similar will be an advantage.
- Technical degree at Master or Bachelor level; e.g., M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering
- Languages written and oral: English (fluent), Polish (fluent)
- Minimum 3 years of project management experience
- Analytical and structured approach
- International experience
- Experience with B2B and client engagement is an advantage
- Experience with supplier engagement is an advantage
- Strong collaboration skills – working with many stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- On-boarding training
- Great opportunities for professional and personal development
- Team building activities
- Flexible and flexible work environment
- Modern and newly built offices and production facilities
- Work in an international environment
- Attractive benefits package (private medical care and life insurance with the option to extend it to family members).
- Social Activities.
- Promotion of a healthy lifestyle in the office (free fresh fruit)
- Holiday gifts
Working out of DBI Office Swidnica, Towarowa 30, 58-100 Swidnica, Poland.
Possibly 10-15 travelling days/year - primarily to clients, suppliers and HQ Denmark.
Terms and Conditions: 3 months’ probation period.
Please observe that we will work with candidates from whom we receive a cover letter and a résumé in English only.
Apply online prior to 24th of October 2019 and be aware that interviews are conducted on an ongoing basis. For additional information please contact CTO, Helle Olund Villumsen, Phone +45 2031 6427 and visit our website www.dbiplastics.com
Please know that we will contact the candidates we choose to work with.