Would you like to become captain of an engineering company’s online content?
EIVA is a software and hardware engineering company operating in the international maritime industry. We offer products, solutions and services such as rental, maintenance and training to customers worldwide specialising in ocean science, offshore wind, oil and gas, as well as dredging and construction, just to name a few
Join a content cruise focusing on online media
We are on the lookout for a crew member for the position of content editor. Through your communicative skills, your main responsibility will be to ensure that our (potential) customers are kept up to date on activities, product features, new releases and other subjects that would be relevant to share online.
Alongside our social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) and newsletter, our website is our main marketing channel, and we strive to ensure a steady stream of relevant content for our followers and visitors. The ultimate goal is to ensure that those looking towards EIVA for their next operation can find the information they need in order to successfully map oceans, discover forgotten mines and set up wind turbines at sea and much more.
You will be in charge of the content calendar and production, working together with the rest of the marketing team as well as other colleagues who will contribute with topics and input for a new piece of content.
We do not expect you to be a maritime or engineering expert, but we do expect you to have a genuine interest in acquiring an understanding of our customers’ operational areas, along with our hardware solutions and software products so as to be able to either write about them at a general level or finish content pieces started by the experts among your colleagues when the level of technical detail requires their contribution to the process.
Your main tasks would include…
- Producing content for our website centering on products, services, new partnerships, general knowledge sharing, etc in the shape of
- Blog posts
- News items
- Case studies
- SoMe posts
- … all gathered in a monthly newsletter
- Expanding the product information on the website in close collaboration with our technical writer
- Writing press releases when we have content we want to share with the industry media
Depending on your experience and profile, your tasks could also include the following:
- SEO optimisation of the website
- Production of graphics – Photoshop / InDesign
You'll be working out of EIVA's headquarters in Stilling, Denmark, or working from home if you are not based in Denmark.
In short, the ideal candidate…
- Comes with relevant educational background or experience, such as journalism, corporate communication, copy editing, marketing or similar; the key being the wish and ability to write a copy that will engage the reader and clearly convey the desired message
- Has experience in writing about technical subjects and/or possesses a technical background – as a minimum, (s)he is a fast learner who enjoys going into the details of advanced technologies to learn how they work
- Knows and advocates the importance of attacking a piece of content with the eyes of the target audience
- Welcomes the challenge of gathering information from experts and turn it into a finished product
- Is so detail-oriented that detectives are put to shame
- Possesses English skills at a native level – all pieces of content will be written in English and must be as close to flawless as possible
Joining the EIVA crew
Joining EIVA means becoming part of a company that takes pride in having an informal and open workplace culture, engaged with high-end, innovative technology in an inspiring environment.
At EIVA, because of how highly we value an individual’s sense of personal responsibility and proactivity, it’s possible to make your mark and surprise us if you find undiscovered opportunities.
We value a proper balance between work and private life; something reflected by 15th, 20th and even 25th anniversaries being a common enough event among our colleagues.
We offer various benefits, such as a pension scheme and health insurance, a canteen that no one leaves with an empty stomach, and an active social calendar.
Ready to dive in?
If we’ve caught your attention, please send a letter of application and your CV to email@example.com. Please include ‘Content editor’ in the subject line of your email.
All applications will be handled with discretion. Interviews will be held immediately, with the successful candidate starting as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact Anne Juul Andreasen, Director Marketing & Sales, at firstname.lastname@example.org.