Finance Director, Head of Business Partnering to the Chr. Hansen Health & Nutrition Business
We are looking to recruit an experienced Finance Director to lead our finance business partnering efforts for one of our key growth business divisions in Chr. Hansen: The Health & Nutrition business.
As Finance Director you are part of Health & Nutrition (H&N) leadership where you play a key strategic and tactical role in driving the business forward. You act as primary sparring partner to the EVP and the leadership team where you advise, guide and challenge to support sound business decisions.
Specifically, this role entails:
- Secure sustainable profitable growth by working together with the EVP and the H&N management team to execute and deliver on business strategy
- Facilitate and plan all financial targets and support the EVP and the 3 management teams on the business unit’s commercial objectives
- Balance resource allocation between new business opportunities and the core business
- Responsible for delivering H&N’s financial targets primarily on Revenue, EBIT and NWC
- Promote impactful cross-functional collaboration between the H&N line of business and the corporate Business Finance organization
- Support the scalable Business Finance operating model by driving implementation of new technology and simplifying financial processes.
You will join 2 of the 3 leadership teams within the Health & Nutrition division as well as sit on the leadership team of corporate Business Finance. You will lead 1 Business Finance Partner on your team (who participates in the 3rd business leadership team).
You will report to our VP of Business Finance and have a dotted line to the EVP for Health & Nutrition.
The Health & Nutrition business
- The Health & Nutrition business covers 3 main business areas: Animal Health, Human Health and Plant Health. Our products contribute to improving Human Health, replacing toxic chemicals in agriculture, and reducing usage of antibiotics in livestock production - in a natural and sustainable way.
- Our present key offering is probiotic cultures with documented effect for humans and for animals.
- We believe in strong research and documentation through clinical study program trials.
- We develop our microbial platform for the future within human, animal and plant health and next generation probiotics.
- The Business Finance organization consist of a small but dedicated team closely integrated into the various business areas. Our focus in the coming years is to develop the finance business partnering activities to secure a strong delivery model which will support the expected business growth in an efficient and fun way.
- We aim to drive value creation across Chr. Hansen and to deliver actionable business insight through a proactive and customer-focused nature.
You bring a MSc and/or MBA degree and an expected 7-10 years of professional experience from a similar finance role working closely with line of business in an international context. Practical experiences from acquisitions incl. integration and working with a portfolio of industries would be an added benefit. Business acumen and strong stakeholder management skills are keys to success in the role, as are strong analytic capabilities, controllership, and critical thinking. You appreciate the value of proactiveness and timely communication.
You approach any task with a ‘roll-up-your-sleeves’ style, coupled with a collaborative approach, and are viewed as someone who is a strong business partner that adds value.
Last but not least you are a team player and you lead and guide teams with openness, inclusiveness and optimism.
For more information and application
For further questions, feel free to contact Anders Mohr Christensen, Vice President Business Finance, at mail email@example.com or telephone +45 25 15 23 64.
Deadline for applications is November 10th, 2019 but please submit your cover letter and CV as soon as possible since we will be processing incoming applications continually.
Do you want to help improve food and health around the world?
At Chr. Hansen, food and health is at the heart of everything we do and our natural ingredients are consumed by more than 1 billion people every day. As a global market leader in bioscience, we have the opportunity to address important global challenges such as food waste, healthy living and sustainable agriculture and we need the brightest and most passionate people on board to succeed. Want to join us?
A career with Chr. Hansen
Joining Chr. Hansen is your opportunity to make a meaningful difference while unfolding your career in a global setting. In each of our 32 global offices, you will be able to experience an agile organization that is proud to encourage an inspiring work environment and a collaborative culture full of passion to make a difference.
Our founder, Christian D. A. Hansen, was a true entrepreneur and that mentality is still very present and valued today – as we look for new talent to strengthen our team. We are always looking for people who can take charge, come up with new ideas and form their own work practice and methods.
Engagement matters to us, therefore we offer a work environment where cooperation and respect are the top priorities.
Read more about a career at Chr. Hansen here: https://www.chr-hansen.com/en/career
Chr. Hansen is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. The products include cultures, enzymes, probiotics and natural colors, and all solutions are based on strong research and development competencies coupled with significant technology investments. Revenue in the 2015/16 financial year was EUR 949 million. The company has more than 2,800 dedicated employees in 30 countries and main production facilities in Denmark, France, USA and Germany. Chr. Hansen was founded in 1874 and is listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. For further information, please visit www.chr-hansen.com