Director Retail Excellence EMEA
Do you have a keen interest in retail operations and in contributing to the continued journey of being a world-class retailer, keeping our stores and customers at the center of what we do? Then join us as our new Director, Retail Excellence and become a part of a team working to strengthen the foundation for commercial execution at store level in our EMEA markets.
We are looking for a Director of Retail Excellence for EMEA, who will be driving the Retail Operations and Retail Excellence agenda in the EMEA region, by working closely with the sales teams in our markets as well as several functions in the region and on a global level to deliver on this agenda.
The EMEA regional Retail Excellence team supports our sales organizations. We support with tools, processes and information to drive store productivity and remove complexity.
Your areas of responsibilities:
In this position, you will definitely shape the future of your position and you can expect to elevate the following job assignments:
- Set direction for REX team and priorities as well as regional retail role
- Business partnering with Sales Directors in key markets, as well as commercial functions to ensure buy-in on new tools, processes and initiatives
- Business partnering with Retail Training to identify opportunities for engaging store teams via communication, training and other platforms
- Identify opportunities in retail processes, ways of working needed tools and support for the commercial execution in-stores
- Run and own processes, applications and regional incentives to drive productivity in-store and remove complexity
- Leadership of a team of seven consultants, senior consultants and project managers
- The role does not have P&L responsibility and no field teams or country managers indirect reference. Sales execution and P&L responsibility resides in our markets
Key priorities for the role include:
- Retail Labour management tools and processes and scheduling system roll-out (incl. reporting)
- MPOS roll-out and ownership of Change Releases, Training and Super User Community
- Store Master Data maintenance and stewardship
- Core Retail Processes: stock take, cycle count, inventory processes
- Ownership of retail processes with a data impact – incl. support global standard retail reports, roll-out and change management
- Measuring customer experience
- Pandora Stars, a regional incentive programme
- Value chain optimization to make tasks, processes and life easier in store
- Store visit governance, communications to stores
What is needed to succeed:
- Experience from a large retailer, fashion or FMCG company
as well as business partnering across a matrix organization, ideally combined with a background from management consulting and/or internal business development driving strategic projects
- Minimum of 4 years of leadership/people management experience
- Understanding of retail shop floor operations, the commercial business and annual wheel
- Strategic understanding and ability to build roadmaps and priorities and identify opportunities
- Proven business partnering and stakeholder management skills
- Experience with driving changes with energy across all organisational levels and functions
- Experience with planning projects, resources and tasks well in advance including timeframes and possible changing circumstances, monitoring performance against deadlines and milestones
- Excel and analytical skills – with the ability to manage larger sets of data and coach team members in making meaningful tools and recommendations based upon this
- Proven structured and hands-on approach to project management and a solid project management toolbox
- Strong common sense, an eye for how to make things happen and a strong willingness to roll-up the sleeves and get things done
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with an ability to translate complex to simple and deliver structured and clear messages
- Ability to understand complexities, whether in organizational structures, systems, processes or data and coach team members to translate these into simple solutions
Your personal qualifications make a difference:
You might be the person we are looking for if you have a can-do attitude and thrive in a busy environment. We are looking for a proactive, curious, humble and ambitious team player, who holds a hands-on and pragmatic approach to problem-solving, always having an eye on keeping things simple and making things happen. We also value your interest in knowing the details of current processes and ways of working, to best design the ‘desired to be’ and implement it in real life – while at the same time keeping the holistic overview.
Your new team:
Pandora is a company with a big heart that takes great pride in treating our people well.
You will be part of an exciting business area and work in an international hub of can-do spirited, passionate and performance-driven people. In Retail Excellence, we are a busy department of seven people, who work closely together, help each other out and appreciate an informal and humorous tone.
We are a global company and travel days can be expected (>10 days a year).
This role is based in the Pandora Global Office in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however, if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact Maria Holmgaard Carlsen, VP, Retail Operations & Business Development on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of Pandora's future please apply via "Apply now". We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides from our beautiful interior design, we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs manufactures and markets hand-finished and contemporary jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 90 countries on six continents through approximately 9,500 points of sale, including more than 1,600 concept stores.
Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs more than 15,000 people worldwide of whom approximately 10,400 are located in Gemopolis, Thailand, where the company manufactures its jewellery. Pandora is publicly listed on the NASDAQ Copenhagen stock exchange in Denmark. In 2014, Pandora’s total revenue was DKK 11.9 billion (approximately EUR 1.6 billion).
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished and contemporary jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries on six continents through more than 7,500 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs more than 26,000 people worldwide of whom more than 11,500 are located in Thailand, where the Company manufactures its jewellery. Pandora is publicly listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange in Denmark. In 2018, Pandora’s total revenue was DKK 22.8 billion (approximately EUR 3.1 billion).
See all our products and collections on www.pandora.net