Marketing Manager (Nordics)
Marketing Manager /Nordic Region)
Poa Pharma Scandinavia (Part Of Almac / Galen Group)
The Nordics: POA Pharma has offices and marketing organizations in the four Nordic Countries. POA represents 14 products from 11 countries. The products are placed in 9 different competence areas.
The Export: POA Pharma exports products defined as Medical Nutrition, via 11 external distributors representing 48 countries. POA Pharma has its own distribution of these products in US and Canada via PO Pharm NA. PO Pharma also has the rights for Antisecretory Factor.
Central Marketing and Development: POA Pharma develop own products for the treatment of Inborn Error of Metabolism products (in EU classified as “Food for Special Medical Purposes”.
Galen – Developing and Marketing Pharmaceuticals Globally
We are committed to partnering with like-minded companies to advance human health, delivering innovation, quality and value to our customers and their patients
Galen is a privately owned pharmaceutical company established in 1968, with global headquarters in Craigavon, Northern Ireland. It has commercial operations based in the UK, Ireland, the USA, and the Nordics and is also one of the lead members of Rx-Alliance, an international network of partners. As proud members of the Almac family of world-class companies in the pharmaceutical and biotech sectors, Galen has access to a wide variety of services, from drug discovery to commercial-scale manufacture.
50 years of experience / 33 products / 9 areas of therapy expertise / 25 locations worldwide
Almac Group Info
The Almac Group is an established contract development and manufacturing organisation providing an extensive range of integrated services across the drug development lifecycle to the pharmaceutical and biotech sectors globally.
Our innovative services range from R&D, biomarker discovery development and commercialisation, API manufacture, formulation development, clinical trial supply, IRT (IVRS/IWRS) through to commercial-scale manufacture. The international company is a privately owned organisation that has grown organically over the past five decades now employing over 5,000 highly skilled personnel across 17 facilities including Europe, the US and Asia. Global turnover in excess of £500M GBP.
This is a great opportunity to join a privately-owned, global pharmaceutical company in an important role that has responsibility for the management of both strategic and operational marketing activities across the Nordic region. The company is looking for a highly motivated individual with the experience and ability to contribute to the ongoing growth and profitability of POA Pharma Scandinavia / Galen in this region through critical analysis of the market, development and implementation of robust marketing/launch plans across the product portfolio, and utilisation of traditional and digital marketing activities, aligned with appropriate resource allocation, to deliver sales and profitability targets.
Based in our Nordic head office in Hillerod, Denmark, this role will report to the Commercial Director Nordics and will require travel both within the region and internationally to fulfil the role. It is expected that the role will require a high level of communication and cooperation with both internal colleagues, as well as external customers and suppliers.
Position / Reporting to:
- Position: Marketing Manager
- Reporting to: Commercial Director Nordics
Entire POA Pharma Scandinavia / Galen product portfolio
Job Specific Responsibilities – the post holder will:
- Recommend and implement marketing strategies for all promoted products based on ongoing analysis of the competitive environment for all relevant therapy areas, including market trends and competitor positioning/activities.
- Conduct regular analysis of the product portfolio in order to propose and agree allocation of marketing resources, taking into account environment factors, sales potential and profitability.
- Develop, implement and manage the Nordic marketing and launch plans to deliver agreed sales and profit objectives for allocated brands, in line with clearly identifiable KPIs.
- Develop strong working relationships with all key personnel within marketing (across all Galen businesses), Nordic sales management and sales force, commercial operations, business partners and other internal/external stakeholders (as appropriate) in order to work collaboratively to ensure effective delivery of the marketing plans. Provide clear communication to any field teams and cross-functional colleagues on brand initiatives and programmes.
- Implement and manage traditional and digital marketing activities with a mix of in-house and agency-managed channels, constantly reviewing/optimizing return on investment. Manage external agencies and internal suppliers, including creative, digital and market access vendors to develop marketing programmes and promotional materials as required.
- Be recognised as a product champion through developing relationships with key opinion leaders and continuously updating product, competitor, therapy area and market knowledge.
- Generate sales and marketing reports, track other key performance/market metrics and take remedial action where necessary to ensure achievement of business objectives. Identify any training needs as appropriate.
- Work with commercial operations to develop accurate sales and purchase forecasts.
- Manage the marketing budget, project timelines and continually assess return on investment.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with company standards and the applicable codes of practice in relation to the marketing of pharmaceutical products.
- Other special projects and duties as requested or assigned.
General Role Responsibilities:
Ensure SOPs and company directives are adhered to in all areas of work. Work to a high level of detail and accuracy on all documentation. Ensure all activities comply with all applicable regulations. Ensure adequate training received on regulatory and quality requirements as they pertain to the role. Report any breaches of compliance or any occurrences of substandard quality/poor customer service to the relevant Manager and/or VP/Director.
Health & Safety
Understand the Company’s Health & Safety Policy and follow all company HSE procedures. Report all accidents or any unsafe conditions in the workplace.
Training and Development
Ensure training has been received before undertaking specific duties and that all training is recorded in training records. Ensure performance reviews and interim assessments are undertaken in line with company procedures. If applicable, manage the training and development of reporting staff and assess their comprehension. Monitor and document the performance of each member of the reporting team. Conduct performance reviews and interim assessments in line with company procedures. Ensure that all direct reports fully understand their objectives, implementing Performance Improvement Plans where necessary. Communicate with all reporting staff through regular team briefings. Generate and implement training plans for reporting staff in the key business area.
Human Resource Management
Adhere to all HR policies and procedures, to include all absence policies and procedures.
Communicate within your own department and division to ensure that all relevant information is forwarded to the appropriate personnel on a regular and timely basis. Provide regular updates to your line manager regarding progress on required duties and the status of any projects.
Observe and adhere to the company's Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies ensuring that a neutral and harmonious work environment is maintained in which bullying and/or harassment does not occur.
Core Competency Framework
Ensure that all job-specific responsibilities relating to the overall role objective are carried out in accordance with the requirements outlined within the Almac core competency framework.
Qualifications - Essential
- BSc or MSc (or equivalent) in a Life Science or business-related discipline
Experience - Essential
- A proven track record in commercially-focused pharmaceutical sales and marketing roles
- Hands-on experience of both traditional and digital marketing approaches
- Knowledge of healthcare systems and market access environment across the Nordic region
- Experience of developing and implementing marketing and product launches in the Nordic region
- Proficiency in use of MS Office applications, to include Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Experience - Desirable
- Experience of managing pharmaceutical sales teams in the Nordic region
- Motivated and energised by a blend of the innovative/big-picture/strategic issues and plenty of operational activities
- Experience in the Regulatory environment and processes for marketing approval of pharmaceutical products and devices in the Nordic region
- Proven experience in a good understanding of the market in other European countries eg. Germany
Key Skills - Essential
- Good spoken and written English; able to understand/communicate in Scandinavian languages
- Good interpersonal and communication skills aligned with the need to communicate with company managers, sales teams and external customers/partners
- Proactive self-starter with a can-do attitude
- High levels of motivation, desire and drive for result delivery
- Strong business focus, with proven implementation ability
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
Key Skills - Desirable
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the skills to operate in a “small” company environment
Additional - Essential
- Full driving license
You will work out from the office based in Hillerød
Competitive salary package and pension scheme to be negotiated on an individual basis
- Target start – 1Q 2020
Travelling activity: Expected number of travelling days will amount to approximately 30%
IT: Strong MS Office / Excel skills – Ideally knowledgeable in CRM system Salesforce (or similar)?
Danish / English – Strong skills (both written and oral)
Another Nordic language would be beneficial (NOT a must)
Residence: In Copenhagen / Zealand Region
Please forward your application / CV “GALEN - Marketing Manager” via mail to email@example.com no later than Wednesday 4 December. Interviews will be held continuously.
In case of any questions please contact Steen Storbjerg Nielsen: firstname.lastname@example.org / +45 2999 9689