Accountant for finance department in Copenhagen - English and Danish, Norwegian or Swedish
Careers that Change Lives
To strengthen our finance department in Copenhagen we are currently looking for a fulltime analytical, accurate, proactive and flexible Accountant with excellent communication skills and natural ability to provide financial support to the diverse business stakeholders. This is a great challenge for a deadline-conscious individual with good organizational skills and solid experience in accounting. Fluent English and at least one of Nordic languages is required (preferred Danish, Norwegian or Swedish).
A Day in the Life
We offer you a position where you are responsible for collaboration with Finance Manager to independently handle the finance and accounting of a country cluster of significant size, cost, revenue and complexity.
You will work with a team to deliver daily accounting activities and ensure a true and fair view of financials. Furthermore, you will contribute to wider decision making including the development of practices, processes and procedures in order to support local rules and requirements and SOX/IFRS standards. You will have responsibility for timely closure of accounts books, reporting of financials and day to day accounting management. You will act as the support to the finance manager in all relevant tasks and projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prioritizing tasks and ensuring accounting calendar is followed
- Assisting with tax audits and tax returns
- Daily contact with the shared service center
- Accounting according to local GAAP and US GAAP, local tax regulations & internal policies
- Balance sheet review – quarterly
- Balance reconciliations for SOX Compliance
- Year-end process: Work with internal/external auditors on annual reporting
- Business partnering
- Project management
In order to be successful in this role you need to have an excellent grasp on the financial dynamics and be able to communicate these to nonfinancial people.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance specialized in accounting/ equivalent or 4-6 years of experience as an accountant or Sr. Accountant (experience in accounting to Reporting and controlling)
- Effective communication skills in English (written & verbal)
- Fluent at least in one of following languages: Danish, Swedish or Norwegian
- Advanced skills in MS Office
- Experience in a multicultural, diverse environment
- Living in area Copenhagen or willingness to travel daily to our Copenhagen office
- Ability to work under pressure and ever-changing business needs
- There will be 10-15 travel days during a year/ flexibility to participate
- There can be overtime in combination with peak times/ flexibility to adapt to the situation
- This is a maternity leave cover- starting from February 2020 for duration of 1 year
Nice to Haves
- SAP knowledge
In our 5th Tenet of our Mission, we recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success.
Also, a competitive package is of course part of that. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to all our employees.
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply directly via the apply button!
Please apply with an English resume and cover letter.
As a global leader in medical technology, services and solutions, Medtronic improves the health and lives of millions of people each year. We believe our deep clinical, therapeutic and economic expertise can help address the complex challenges - such as rising costs, ageing populations and the burden of chronic disease - faced by families and healthcare systems today. But no one can do it alone. That’s why we’re committed to partnering in new ways and developing powerful solutions that deliver better patient outcomes.
Founded in 1949 as a medical repair company, we're now among the world's largest medical technology, services and solutions companies, employing more than 85,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in over 155 countries. Whatever your speciality or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.
At Medtronic, you will find a diverse team of innovators who bring their unique backgrounds and their individual life experiences to work every day. We work hard to cultivate a workforce that reflects our patients and partners, we believe it’s the only way to drive healthcare forward. We want to attract a diverse workforce, regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veterans, or any other characteristic protected by state or local law. Join us, and bring the power of your point of view to our culture of collaboration and innovation. It is through strong diversity, inclusion and engagement that we can remain a leader in medical technology and solutions. And by embracing everything you have to offer — your unique perspectives, talents and contributions — we can live up to the promise of our Mission.