Practice Leader – Claims
Are you ready for “a chance in a lifetime” opportunity performing professional counselling to leading enterprises?
This position is responsible for managing insurance recoveries for clients on complex, major loss claims across a variety of industries covering North West Europe.
As Practice Leader you are responsible for developing a FAS (Financial Advisory Services) practice within the geographical region, by leading business development of relevant opportunities and being responsible for delivering profitable growth through the region’s practice.
You shall manage an allocated client base to provide advice on significant or problematic losses for clients across a wide range of industry sectors. This may include claim investigation and claim file preparation, quantification of the actual loss, investigating and resolving coverage issues and negotiating with Insurers to reach an agreeable settlement.
As Practice Leader you will potentially manage consultants as the business grows.
- Lead business development, broker training and other practice development activities
- Manage the region’s profit & loss account to deliver profitable growth
- Work with clients to understand and quantify the loss incurred
- Effectively project manage engagements, utilising junior colleagues in their region and from other regions where necessary
- Prepare the claims file for large loss submission to ensure all loss considerations are included
- Work with the client, Insurers and Loss Adjusters to reach an agreeable settlement
- Potentially line-manage senior and/or junior consultants.
Experience is always nice – in this case, it is a MUST
This position is for a seasoned professional individual contributor in complex claims, who works independently with minimal supervision.
It is a precondition that you can travel locally and internationally at short notice.
Your skills & experience
- Proven experience of working with clients and Insurers on major, complex, disputed or catastrophic losses
- Experience of Property, Liability and/or Business Interruption claims will be highly beneficial, although other insurance lines will be considered
- Project Management skills
- Experience in managing small teams in order to resolve client requirements whilst utilising junior colleagues efficiently and effectively
- Proven success in building up a sales pipeline and executing sales initiatives
- Proven successful relationship building with internal and external stakeholders.
- Auditor with extensive experience, or
- Loss adjuster with deep knowledge of accounting and finance, or
- Background from claims, accounting or loss adjusting background.
Your personal competences:
- Extensive proficiency with numbers, analytics and accounting
- Proficient on MS Excel
- Solid Report writing skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Creative in finding resolutions to complex problems
- Strong ability to form sound judgements and conclusions
- Thrives in assisting with client and colleague queries
- Great communication skills
- Role modelling in professional and leadership role.
Become part of a company with strong growth and clear development
Marsh A / S can offer you to become part of a dynamic team in a company that is in a positive development and is gaining market share – which you must contribute to! Marsh has a culture of openness, accountability and integrity personified by a staff of people who show great commitment on a daily basis.
Apply for this unique position with Marsh A/S
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Compass Human Resources Group A/S. Please submit your CV and application in English via "Apply now" – If you would like to find out more about this position before submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact Research Consultant Lars Nordlund on tel.: +45 70 20 12 75. Please note that we will reply to the email address from which you send your CV.
As a global leader in Insurance Broking and Risk Management, Marsh helps their clients succeed by defining, designing and delivering innovative, industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. The company has 45,000 employees worldwide, operations in more than 130 countries, and annual revenue of approximately $5.4 billion, along with comprehensive global expertise that spans 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and speciality practices.
Marsh offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. Marsh embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
Deadline for application: As soon as possible
Company: MARSH A/S