Senior Vendor Manager
Do you have experience with Vendor / Supplier Management, Procurement or Purchasing?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to come on board with GP Strategies team as a Senior Vendor Manager in our Copenhagen (København) office and on the client site.
As a Senior Vendor Manager, you will be responsible for vendor management activities and accountabilities within the Training Services Sector for our leading blue-chip Pharma client.
The individual is expected to deliver a high-quality service at a price that exceeds our clients' expectations. Based out of our Danish Office in Copenhagen (København), you will work with our key clients at their site.
Summary: Responsible for vendor management activities and accountabilities in the Training Services Sector. Representing both GP Strategies and our client’s best interests and delivering a high-quality service at a price that exceeds their expectations.
- Ability to understand customer needs and drive results to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Lead the creation and implementation of sourcing and demand management strategies, manage the development of RFx materials, detailed analysis of proposals and vendor capabilities, negotiations and supplier selection.
- Build and manage relationships with stakeholders by facilitating a structured, effective and efficient multi-step sourcing process.
- Closely collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to select and award business to suppliers. Acting as a strategic business partner, develop and maintain collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts who are responsible for managing day-to-day relationships with suppliers.
- Support the development and negotiation of contracts with suppliers to accomplish the lowest total system cost, lowest TCO and savings objectives. Negotiate best price, quality, service levels and delivery terms for contracted products and services.
- Provide oversight and evaluate ethical procurement practices, including compliance with corporate and departmental policies and procedures as well as federal/state/local regulations.
- Deliver value, drive continuous quality improvement using structured performance management, and provide savings by applying strategic sourcing leading practices.
What you will do…
Duties and Responsibilities
The Vendor Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Ability to leverage knowledge of industry and market trends to develop and champion long-term procurement and sourcing strategies.
- Facilitate the transfer of best practices and continuous improvement processes and practices and the generation of new savings ideas to impact enterprise spend.
- Able to perform complex value analysis and financial evaluations of bid proposals, including evaluating potential supplier’s relative financial strength and capabilities to deliver results over term of contract.
- Analytical skills, with ability to lead others to understand market dynamics as well as complex customer/client needs.
- Act as liaison between internal stakeholders and suppliers to ensure compliance to sourcing policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with internal/external Legal resources in negotiating with suppliers regarding contractual/legal matters of significance to ensure optimum cost, reliable supply, and compliance to laws and regulations.
- Strong influencing skills that can be used to lead project teams and build partnerships with internal resources, stakeholders and supplier base.
You will have…
- BA/BS degree preferred in Business Administration/Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field.
- Skilled expertise in a procurement or Vendor Management role.
- Expertise negotiating commercial terms and service level agreements covering various spend categories, specifically for professional services in a regulated industry.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or CPSM certification (preferred but not essential).
- Good communication skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders and other supporting teams at all levels of the organisation and deliver effective presentations.
- Proven ability to manage competing agendas and priorities, and translate complex information across internal and external audiences.
- Strong project management skills along with an ability to maintain a high degree of personal organisation.
- Expertise in sourcing within complex spend categories.
- Strong financial acumen with consultative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including the ability to create/manage complex spreadsheets and perform quantitative analysis in MS Excel.
- Fluent in the English language, both spoken and written.
Interested candidates, please apply with a current CV, evidencing expertise for the role and via "Apply here" for immediate consideration.
GP Strategies Limited (GPSL) is a subsidiary of GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX), a global performance improvement company. GPSL supports organisations in improving their ability to service their customers’ needs through innovative and creative training interventions, consulting, and business improvement solutions