You will be part of the Prudential Domain Services Division in the Directorate General Information Systems. We are a team of approximately 25 IT professionals delivering tailored IT solutions for European banking supervision (SSM) to support financial stability and collect supervisory statistics.
Working as part of an agile team of software developers, you will take over the development and maintenance of the SSM Information Management System (IMAS) from an external supplier. Currently, the custom-built IMAS web application is based on .NET, Java, SQL Server (including SSRS), React and Angular.
IMAS helps 5,000 supervisors across Europe in their day-to-day work over the full supervisory cycle – this includes planning, executing and following up on supervisory activities such as the assessment of how banks manage risks related to liquidity, funding or cybersecurity.
Supervisors use IMAS to register supervisory findings, and related recommendations, as well as to monitor their implementation. The IMAS stack is composed of a dedicated data warehouse solution (known as IDRA), which allows supervisors to analyse supervisory data in depth. Furthermore, in 2020, the SSM External Portal will allow supervised entities to trigger supervisory processes online via IMAS.
The ECB is an inclusive employer and we strive to reflect the diversity of the population we serve. We encourage you to apply, irrespective of your gender, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or other characteristics.
As a Front-End you will:
- develop new business and technical functionalities in line with user needs;
- maintain existing functionalities and fix defects found in production following a defined process;
- develop automated tests, builds, deployments and continuous integration pipelines;
- support the designing, development, testing and deployment of releases;
- write functional and technical specifications;
- contribute to the end-to-end design and continuous improvement of the service.
This role offer excellent opportunities to gain valuable insights into banking supervision functions while helping establish new supervisory processes and methodologies in Europe. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience, and skills
- a master’s degree or equivalent (for bachelor’s degree, additional four years of relevant experience) in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics or another relevant field (for further details on degree equivalences, see read more);
- in addition to the above, a minimum of three and ideally five years of experience in the field of software development and/or software delivery;
- experience of working with code versioning tools, such as Git and TFS;
- working knowledge of relational database systems, in particular SQL server or Oracle;
- a sound understanding of IT infrastructure at all levels;
- passion for software development and delivery;
- curiosity and willingness to learn new things, while solving difficult business problems with software;
- strong customer orientation and the ability to manage stress;
- an advanced (C1) command of English and an intermediate (B1) command of at least one other official language of the EU, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, read more.
- experience in agile software development with a focus on Scrum and/or Kanban;
- contributions to open-source projects.
For the role of Front-End Developer:
- good understanding of user interface design;
- experience in optimising the performance of web applications;
- experience in unit testing and test automation.
- experience in selecting and applying good software practices such as test-driven development (TDD), continuous integration and continuous delivery;
- experience with mobile/responsive web design;
- knowledge of design patterns, refactoring and testing.
You engage collaboratively with others. You pursue team goals and learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You signal any need for change by explaining it and proposing alternative solutions. You analyse complex information effectively and can evaluate different views to arrive at solutions. You know and anticipate stakeholder needs.
The formal title for this position will be IT Expert
The contract offered will be a fixed-term contract, which may be converted into a permanent one after 3 years subject to individual performance and organisational needs. The business area is willing to consider flexible and part-time working time arrangements.
For additional information on this specific vacancy, you can speak to Sebastian Wolfgarten on +49 (0) 69 1344 5339 (email: email@example.com).
The recruitment process for this position may include a pre-recorded video interview at the pre-selection stage and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – an on-site written exercise and interviews.
Application and selection process
For further information on how to join us, read more.