Planning Engineers for Project Planning & Coordination
Haldor Topsoe is an international company in rapid development. Our headquarters are based in Denmark, but the vast majority of our highly specialized catalysts and products are sold to industrial plants throughout the world.
Due to a rise in customer activity, we are increasing the capacity in our Planning Group which is part of our delivery organization called Global Supply Unit (GSU). The GSU covers approximately 300 employees who altogether design the basic engineering, order 3rd party hardware components and project manage the delivery of process plants to customers on a worldwide basis.
We now offer two exciting positions as Planning Engineers in Project Planning & Coordination. One as a senior planner and one as a 15 months temporary core planner. The planning group assists both project directors (during sales) and project managers (during execution) globally with planning, controlling and reporting on project progress during the execution of all commercial projects within our different technologies. The planning group is based in our headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark, and in our local office in New Delhi, India. These positions are both located in Copenhagen and only limited travel is to be expected.
We are a team of 8 highly skilled planners delivering:
- detailed input to scheduling and overall planning of delivery
- ongoing progress monitoring and reporting
- developing and maintaining planning systems and supporting tools
- providing process analysis and driving process improvement initiatives (Lean)
- performing management reporting and analysis on key project data (KPI’s)
The planning group is involved in all customer projects from start to finish and is in close, daily contact to a range of internal stakeholders (sales and all parts of the delivery organization) and to a smaller extent also some of our external stakeholders (suppliers and customers).
We utilize SAP for overall structuring, planning and reporting of project execution supported by a series of other IT tools (i.e. MS Excel, People Planner).
- Project planning and monitoring (structuring project activities with schedule and budgets in SAP)
- Process analysis of project data
- Process improvement initiatives (Lean activities)
- Management reporting and KPI development and reporting
- Development and maintenance of project controlling and analysis tools
- Ad-hoc analysis for daily management.
- are passionate about making robust plans – and seeing them executed
- are systematic and structured in your way of working
- are comfortable in handling many smaller projects in parallel
- have excellent verbal and writing skills in English
- are innovative and curious about how to keep improving processes
- have flair for using IT tools (planning tools, Excel analysis etc.)
- are able to go into details without losing the overview
- have an outgoing personality and flair for cooperating on all levels in an organization.
You hold a degree in engineering and for the senior planner position you have at least 6 years of work experience performing data analysis and project planning. You are a super user at an advanced level in Excel (including VBA programming or similar) and have practical user experience with MS Project and VBA programming. It is an advantage if you are experienced in working with SAP as we are responsible for the usage and development of the PS-module in our SAP4HANA application.
For the core planner position, the same requirements apply, though clearly taking less practical work experience into account.
Please contact Head of Department, Esben Christmas Norup, phone: +45 2275 4322 or Lars Torben Svendsen, phone: +45 2275 4393 if you want to know more about the position.
If you want to be a part of our team in a very informal organization culture then send your application in English with relevant diplomas and references and mark your application “Senior Planner” or “Core Planner” depending on which of the 2 positions you are applying for.
February 23, 2020
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2018, our revenue was approximately 890 million US dollars, and we employ some 2,200 employees.