It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa, we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join us in creating a better future for our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
Have you looked at machine design and development, and been concerned at the priority given to cost reductions over safety? Have you grown tired of safety being perceived as a police department? Are you frustrated with everyone being accountable for safety, but the safety teams being accountable to no one? Are you a solution-orientated practical individual, who is not afraid to openly and respectfully challenge designs and maintenance strategies? Then this is the role for you! Tasked with the development of integrated and intrinsic safety in the design of turbines for SGRE, that put the safety and wellbeing of the technician first, maintaining the balance between risk level and cost through the application of the hierarchy of controls to ensure SGRE continue to maintain our social license to operate.
How to contribute to our vision
Ensure SGRE maintains its social license to operate by putting the safety of our technicians first, in the design of our turbines. This includes using creative and innovative thinking to ensure turbine design and development eliminates personal risk, and any risks are managed through design elimination, substitution and engineering controls, minimizing the reliance on Training and PPE.
- Safety review of updates to wind turbine design from a Service operational perspective as part of the "Product Lifetime Management” process
- Contribute in creation of Design Risk Assessment and taking an advisory role using regulations and standards
- Participate in Site Assembly Test and Factory Assembly Test (FAT) processes to stay informed, assess and advise in maintaining acceptable practical viability, ergonomic exposure and protection level despite deviation from planned/specified assembly/replacement methodology
- Perform review of high-risk Maintenance Manuals and safety-critical Work Instructions
- Developing planned maintenance risk assessment for new Wind turbine designs based on input from Technical Product Management and design Solution Owners
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
- Technical Education at Craftsman or bachelor level university qualification. If you have gained your qualifications in other ways, we’d also like to hear from you
- Basic competences in Industrial Safety and Risk management.
- A detailed understanding of the Hierarchy of control and its application.
- Knowledge of risk management through the ALARP principles, and how to factor in costs is when evaluating the safety
- Hands-on experience in heavy industry, preferable from work in wind turbines including knowledge of Health and Safety standards and regulations, knowledge of design standards and Regulations (e.g. Machinery Directive)
- Show ownership, self-motivation and drive. Plan own tasks and create the needed results.
- Communicate effectively and cooperate across a global organization, in fluent written and spoken English. Any other language skills are a bonus.
In return of your commitment, we offer you…
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Lars Skov Bjerrum, via phone +45 30374592
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English via the apply button.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is a global organisation and it recognizes that its employees represent a large variety of cultures, ethnicities, beliefs and languages. This wealth of diversity is what makes Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy more innovative, creative, sensitive and committed to society. Our diversity is what makes us who we are, and we are immensely proud of that.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy believes that we all have the right to be treated with dignity and respect in the workplace regardless of our race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender, circumstances of pregnancy or parental leave, age, disability or marital status.
We seek to promote respect for the law, equality and inclusion for our employees in order to ensure that there is no discrimination by reason of race, gender, marital status, ideology, political opinions, nationality, religion or any other personal, physical or social condition.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy offers a truly flexible and inspiring place to work, with a global presence and a commitment to providing a working environment in which every employee can develop their potential and maximize their contribution.