At Kuoni Tumlare, we create truly inspiring travel experiences that go beyond expectations. Proudly part of the JTB Corporation, we curate and deliver group travel, meetings, incentives, congresses and events. Trading under the brands JTB, Kuoni Global Travel Services, Tumlare Destination Management, Kuoni Destination Management, Kuoni Congress, Conference & Touring, our 3,000+ team members are located across 34 countries throughout Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas.
This role is a key element in the setup of the CEE & Nordics team, including the responsibility for the financial execution in the principal entity of the Tumlare Group. The Senior Accountant will pro-actively review of adequacy of our financial processes in line with the defined business model, to ensure effective control & operation of the Finance & Accounting functions for TDK.
The role will support the Regional Head of Finance CEE & Nordics, based in Amsterdam, with internal and external reporting. He/she will act as the local financial expert and will build a strong link to both the business and Group functions, in a changing matrix organisation. The role will work in close cooperation with the Accounting Finance Centre (AFC) in St. Petersburg.
This role will take ownership of the full P&L of the entity, being the guardian of accuracy of financials at local level and the end to end responsible for local control, reporting cycle and B/S-P&L. This includes the timely delivery and review of accurate financial information, fulfilment of audit, tax and legal assignments on behalf of the entity and the integration of our financial data across systems.
You will report directly to the Regional Head of Finance CEE and Nordics based in Amsterdam.
A team of 3 FTE’s within the Accounting team at AFC will have a dotted line reporting to this role. You will closely work with:
Business partners in Denmark across all functional areas (Operations, HR, Outbound, KDM DK).
AFC in St. Petersburg who support the accounting of Tumlare Corporation A/S.
The heads of finance and local accountants in the representative offices, branches and subsidiaries of Tumlare Corporation A/S.
Wider global finance function (Business Control, Tax, Treasury, Group Accounting and Legal).
Internal and external auditors, tax advisors and legal authorities. External vendors and clients.
- Financial legal representative on behalf of the Tumlare Corporation A/S in Copenhagen (principal entity) and managerially responsible for timely & accurate execution of all financial processes related to Tumlare Corporation A/S in Copenhagen Inbound
- Responsible for correct delivery of yearly interim and final TDK single entity audit, Tumlare Group audit & timely submission of yearly statutory FS for TDK, in liaison with the Board of Directors, Regional HoF and relevant Group functions
- Review and optimize current internal control framework and compliance mechanisms within TDK; ensure that setup of Danish operation is fully compliant from Tax and Legal perspective
- Ensure that all Treasury activities, namely FX management, is done according to best practice and proactively managed to minimize FX exposure in close cooperation with Group Treasury
- Prepare and submit of regular forecasts, outlook and budget on behalf of TDK, in liaison with local budget holders and following guidance of Regional HoF and Group Business Controlling
- Responsible for bank statement and signatories’ reviews, regular cash counts and for the monthly forecast of cash flow and funding needs in liaison with Tumlare’s Treasury PIC
- Drive on time, in full delivery of B/S & P&L for TDK on a monthly basis; ensure that sign off procedures for tour related revenue & CoS for Tumlare are executed by our local sales offices
- Co-ordination and submission of TDK’s financial reporting, in close cooperation with assigned accounting team at AFC (AP, AR and GL accountants)
- Review of monthly income statement, review operational expenses of TDK, variance analysis and respective P&L/BS commentary; review GL reconciliations, accruals and prepayments, including central accruals, cost center allocations between functions
- Actively liaise with I/Co PIC and relevant counterparts to escalate any I/Co mismatches and ensure that cost+ methodology for all of Tumlare’s subsidiaries is correctly reflected in TDK
- Conduct reviews of the fixed asset register, depreciation, impairment and amortization. Review and validate WIP accounts, intangibles, IT costs and (central) recharges for the TDK office
- Drive professionalisation of Finance in the Danish entity and supporting staff of TDK located at AFC, while evaluating effectiveness of existing financial processes to business model of TDK
- Ensure robust control framework that supports excellence in financial performance, through a strong partnership with AFC team in charge of invoice processing & credit control, to continuously support the delivery of quality and timely information
- Business partner with HR in the monthly execution of HR led payroll activities for the Danish entity, including both regular employees and guides; build strong communication lines with key Group led functions and support adherence to integration led initiatives led by them
- Conduct other ad hoc projects & tasks as required
TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE, YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in business administration and economics, with significant weight given to financial accounting
- 5+ yrs. working experience in a finance leadership function with strong focus on financial accounting, treasury and tax matters, ideally in Denmark
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, MS Office
- Strong technical accounting skills, with good understanding of accounting principles, incl. IFRS
- Hyperion HFM, MS AX or similar financial ledger and reporting systems
- Fluent Danish/English language skills. Scandinavian or Russian language is advantageous.
OUR NEW COLLEAGUE SHOULD HAVE
- Structured approach, with keen sense of prioritization and focus on timely and accurate delivery
- Self-starter, with ability to work on own initiative, handle pressure and take day-to-day decisions
- Ability to lead and steer cross-functional decision-making processes and ensure timely decision making by the respective stakeholders
- Flexible approach, with ability to adapt to changing priorities in a changing organisation
- Problem-solver with can do positive attitude and develops effective solutions in a timely fashion
- Strong communication and influencing skills, across all cultures and levels of seniority
- Ability to navigate in a matrix organisation at multiple levels, keeping both an overview but being able to deep dive in specific issues
- Build effective relationships at a distance; team player, willing to help others at short notice