Investment Director for High Risk – High Impact investments in the least developed countries and fragile states in Africa
Comprehensive and innovative private sector participation is a necessary, although not a sufficient condition for achieving the SDGs in developing countries. Special efforts are required to also promote the mobilisation of private capital for investments in the lower income countries and fragile states. To support this effort and to enhance IFU’s contribution to job creation, structural transformation and inclusive green growth in lower income countries in Africa, IFU is now looking for an Investment Director with experience within High Risk – High Impact Investments.
As an Investment Director for High Risk – High Impact Investments,
- Generation of decent jobs
- Improved access to food
- Resilient infrastructure
- Affordable and clean energy
- Contribution to structural transformation including development of markets for private investments
- Responsible business conduct
All investment professionals in IFU take part in deal teams and as Investment Director you will be part of transactions for new investments by active participation in deal teams. Staffing on a deal team depends on individual availability, competences and sector knowledge, and can either be from a contributing point of view or a learning perspective. This involves working with other regional and sector teams, assisting the overall organisation in making new investments as well as establishment of new project companies.
Solid experience with deal execution from equity deals, debt financing, structured finance, capital markets and project financing documentation is key.
It is also imperative that you have vast experience with investments in Africa and an advantage if it is within the agricultural value chain, financing small and medium-sized companies.
In addition, you should have:
- A master’s degree within business, finance, law or equivalent
- Proven track record of sourcing and executing deals (M&A, etc.), including drafting loan and shareholders’ agreements, carrying out due diligence on sustainability, governance, management of partner & project companies as well as assessment of development impact
- Commercial approach with strong negotiation skills
- Relevant cultural and geographic skills, maybe from developing countries
- Fluent in English both in writing and spoken. French is an advantage.
- +10 years of relevant experience, proven track record
- Capacity to work independently, lead processes on your own and be a resource for others/mentor others through challenging decision-making processes
- Confident user of Microsoft Office and especially Excel
The position is based at the IFU office in Copenhagen and with some travelling in Denmark and abroad.
Advised by supports this recruitment. Please direct your questions to Managing Partner Christian Riber: +45 20257887, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please upload your application and CV by clicking below button "Apply online".
Applications are processed continuously.
IFU – Investment Fund for Developing Countries provides risk capital and advice to companies wishing to set up business in developing countries. Investments are made on commercial terms in the form of equity and loans. The purpose is to promote economic and social development in investment countries. IFU acts as a fund manager for the Danish SDG Investment Fund, Danida Sustainable Infrastructure Finance, the Danish Climate Investment Fund, the Danish Agribusiness Fund, IFU Investment Partner and the Investment Fund for Central and Eastern Europe. IFU’s head office is located in Copenhagen, and we have regional offices in China, India, Singapore, Kenya, Ghana, Colombia, Brazil and Ukraine. For more information, see www.ifu.dk.