Investment Director working with investments in developing countries
IFU supports the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals. We do that by investing knowledge and risk capital in sustainable companies that create impact in developing countries and a return to their investors.
As an Investment Director you will play a vital role in in building a strong project pipeline of new investments. Identification and development of new investment initiatives and alongside your investment professional colleagues carry out the investment transaction as well as follow-up upon the value creation programme and the impact creation programme for existing investments are main components of the job.
All investment professionals in IFU take part in deal teams, and as an Investment Director you will be part of transactions for new investments by active participation in deal teams. Staffing on a deal team depends on individual availability, competences and sector knowledge, and can either be from a contributing point of view or a learning perspective.
Solid experience with
- A master’s degree within business, finance, law or equivalent
- Proven track record of sourcing and executing deals (M&A etc.), including drafting loan and shareholder agreements, carry out due diligence on sustainability, governance, management of partner & project companies, as well as assessment of development impact
- Commercial approach with strong negotiations skills
- Relevant cultural and geographic skills, preferably from developing countries
- Fluent in English both in writing and speaking
- +10 years of relevant experience, proven track record
- Confident user of Microsoft Office and especially Excel
The base will be the IFU’s head office in Copenhagen and with some travelling in Denmark and abroad.
IFU is driving change to create sustainable societies in the developing world, and we would like to welcome one more colleague on the team to push for this change.
Advised by supports this recruitment. Please direct your questions to Managing Partner Christian Riber: +45 20257887, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please upload your application and CV via the button "Apply online" below.
Applications are processed continuously.
IFU – Investment Fund for Developing Countries provides risk capital and advice to companies wishing to set up business in developing countries. Investments are made on commercial terms in the form of equity and loans. The purpose is to promote economic and social development in investment countries. IFU acts as a fund manager for the Danish SDG Investment Fund, Danida Sustainable Infrastructure Finance, the Danish Climate Investment Fund, the Danish Agribusiness Fund, IFU Investment Partner and the Investment Fund for Central and Eastern Europe. IFU’s head office is located in Copenhagen, and we have regional offices in China, India, Singapore, Kenya, Ghana, Colombia, Brazil and Ukraine. For more information, see www.ifu.dk.