Key Account Manager - Denmark
We are a global company with headquarters in Switzerland and operations around the world. At Syngenta, we come from 123 nationalities and we work in more than 90 different countries. We are from hugely varied backgrounds and all working-age generations, we are from different genders and we have different ways of thinking. Our culture is diverse and inclusive and our work is meaningful and rewarding.
Our business has two divisions, Crop Protection and Seeds, which are focused on providing leading innovations that bring value to our customers. We help farmers grow healthy and affordable food, provide commercial flower growers with wonderful garden blooms that brighten our world and care for public health with our solutions for professional pest managers. From helping to feed the world sustainably to keeping people safe, we work with a variety of professionals across the value chain to make people’s lives better.
Our work matters, every day we interact with all sorts of people around the world inside and outside our business, from the smallest of smallholders to the biggest large-scale farmers, from research scientists to agronomic experts in the field. We embrace and encourage diversity and this is what drives our innovation and lets us outperform the market. For more information please visit; www.syngenta.com/company
The Key Account Manager is responsible for annual growth and profitability among focus customers within the appointed area, through active sales and promotion of Syngenta genetics. Based on self-drawn plans, the KAM aims for growth among focus customers in "share of wallet", sales and profitability. You are proactive in the development and delivery of customer-driven products, services and marketing campaigns. The KAM builds, expands and maintains highly sustainable strategic partnerships with our customers and through effective collaboration with FHG, Sales Support and other Syngenta features we strive for value maximization for focus customers (Crop advice, Marketing, Customer Solutions, Supply Chain and/or others). Furthermore, the Key Account manager is responsible for putting new potential focus customers and he/she ensures a high degree of customer satisfaction with regard to fps strategy and our brand.
If you are in possession of a Bachelor's degree and preferably is commercial and/or horticultural related along with at least 3 years of commercial experience in the horticultural market (B2B environment) then this function could be something for you. Our Key Account Manager understands the perspectives of different functional areas in the organization, has a firm grasp of the external circumstances that affect the organization (developments across the chain from breeder to consumer) and anticipates changes in the market and comes up with proposals to respond to the changes.
Experience /knowledge required:
- Sales experience: 3-5 years
- Key account management skills and experience: 3-5 years
- Horticultural market (B2B environment) experience: 3-5 years
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English
- International mind-set and ability to connect across cultures
- A self-starter, highly proactive, with a continuous improvement mindset stemming from curiosity
- Local language skills (Danish or Swedish)
- Travel will be required in-country predominantly and also into Sweden.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to grow with the world's leading Agribusiness Company, operating within a challenging international business environment
- An open, supportive and collaborative working culture
- Great opportunities for personal development and career progression
- A permanent, fulltime role at our Commercial center in Copenhagen, DK. You will, however, maintain your activities remotely, normally from a home office.
- Competitive salary and benefits scheme