Based in Copenhagen and working with investments in developing countries
IFU is looking for a new colleague with sector experience within climate and renewable energy.
IFU is an independent government-owned fund investing with the purpose to promote economic and social progress in developing countries. Our fund invests on commercial terms and has invested over USD 3 billion across different sectors and geographical areas. Within renewable energy, IFU has co-financed wind and solar power plants in countries like Kenya, Egypt, Ukraine, Mongolia and Brazil with a capacity of more than 1,000 megawatt. Other climate related investments include industrial waste water solutions in India and energy efficiency projects in Malaysia.
As an Investment Director
As an Investment Professional in IFU you will have the opportunity to lead deal teams within the relevant sector and be part of deal teams in other regional and sectors teams. Staffing of deal teams is done on the basis of individual availability, competences and sector knowledge.
The key qualifications
- A master's degree within business, finance, law or equivalent
- Relevant sector experience within renewable energy (solar, wind, hydro and biomass), energy efficiency, waste handling or water management
- Proven track record of executing deals (M&A etc.), carrying out due diligence and processing internal approvals
- Relevant cultural and geographic skills, possibly from developing countries
- Fluent in English both in writing and spoken
- +10 years of relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and business judgement
- Capacity to work independently and lead projects under pressure and meet deadlines
- Detail-orientation and structured working approach
- Confident user of Microsoft Office and especially Excel
- Willingness to travel
Advised by supports this recruitment. Please direct your questions to Managing Partner Christian Riber: +45 2025 7887, mail: email@example.com. Please forward your application via below apply button "Apply online".
Applications are processed continuously.
IFU - Investment Fund for Developing Countries provides risk capital and advice to companies wishing to set up business in developing countries. Investments are made on commercial terms in the form of equity and loans. The purpose is to promote economic and social development in investment countries. IFU acts as the fund manager for the Danish SDG Investment Fund, Danida Sustainable Infrastructure Finance, the Danish Climate Investment Fund, the Danish Agribusiness Fund, IFU Investment Partner and the Investment Fund for Central and Eastern Europe. IFU's head office is located in Copenhagen, and we have regional offices in China, India, Singapore, Kenya, Ghana, Colombia, Brazil and Ukraine. For more information, see www.ifu.dk.