Technical Service Engineer
We now offer a unique position as a Technical Service Engineer supporting our Chemical Business Unit where we develop and sell catalysts and technologies for the ammonia, hydrogen, and methanol industry. We offer a position for a period of 12 months covering parental leave within our Technical Services Department consisting of approximately 30 employees ranging from a few years of experience to more than 30 years. The employees work within both process and catalyst related tasks and have a strong technical link towards our customers. The position is based in Denmark, but the vast majority of our highly specialized catalysts and products are sold to industrial plants throughout the world.
You will provide technical support to our customers all over the world in close cooperation with our Account Managers. Your work will include a variety of tasks within the fields of chemical engineering, catalysis, and thermodynamic. Daily tasks will include challenges such as evaluation of operating data from our customers as well as calculations for prediction of catalyst performance and lifetime. As part of the job, you will be traveling to chemical sites around the world to assist our customers as an advisor for the replacement and activation of catalysts.
The position is in an international company with a multicultural environment. You will work in an informal but ambitious atmosphere with a strong network of colleagues. We collaborate closely across the company and with our regional offices worldwide to meet our customers' needs in the best possible way. The position as Technical Service Engineer provides the opportunity to explore different cultures and develop cross-cultural understanding and cooperation skills.
- Provide technical assistance to our Account Managers and to customers worldwide
- Prepare technical reports for customers in close cooperation with Account Managers
- Supervise catalyst installation and activation at customer sites worldwide
- Create effective cooperation across cultural and educational boundaries
- Travel up to 100 days per year on technical service trips
- have a flexible and solution-oriented way of approaching people and tasks
- enjoy working in a fast-paced in a constantly changing environment
- are responsible, independent, and methodical
- are deadline-oriented and work efficiently
- demonstrate initiative as well as technical flair
- are committed to your work and strive to make a difference
- have excellent communication and teamwork skills and thrive in cross-cultural contexts
You have a degree in chemical engineering or chemistry. Furthermore, it is an advantage if you hold a European passport and speak multiple languages.
You may be a recent graduate or have some working experience and interested in a new challenge.
Please contact Technical Service Manager Johan Jönsson at +45 2275 4220 if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and CV in English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and any references as soon as possible and no later than June 14, 2020.
aldor Topsoe is the world leader in high-performance catalysts and proprietary technologies for the chemical and refining industries. Based on cutting-edge research and development, we help our customers achieve optimal performance in all phases from design to daily operations – in the most responsible way. Topsoe is headquartered in Denmark and serves customers across the globe. In 2019, our revenue was approximately USD 890 million, and we employ more than 2,300 employees. www.topsoe.com