The Science Directorate at the European Spallation Source (ESS) in Copenhagen Denmark invites applications for a Team Assistant position.
Description of division
The Data Management and Software Centre (DMSC), part of the ESS Science Directorate, is responsible for the design, development and construction of the computer software and hardware to be used for the operation and data analysis of the experiments to be carried out on the neutron scattering and imaging instruments to be constructed at ESS. DMSC performs work at both the ESS offices in Lund, Sweden and at the main DMSC offices in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Description of main responsibilities
- Assist the head of DMSC and the project coordinator with administrative tasks as well as
- Keep the everyday maintenance of the office space and assist the staff with administrative
- Refill office supplies
- Welcome new employees and assist new staff with induction
- Manage electronic calendars and schedules/appointment
- Prepare correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, forms, presentations, and proposals.
- Assist with formatting/proof reading documents etc.
- Take minutes of meetings when necessary
- Arrange for travels, meetings, workshops and seminars and other events
- Receive and assist visitors
- Ensure coverage for absences by informing line manager
- Accept ad hoc assignments as requested and deemed appropriate by supervisor
- Handle other administrative duties (phone calls, Skype calls, walk-ins, etc.) in a responsive
and courteous manner
- Initiate calls to obtain, verify, and exchange information
Serve as a resource for information, researching answers to questions when needed
- Experience from a similar role
- Fast and accurate computer skills, including MS Office
- Proficient in different types of IT-systems
- Experience of working in an international environment is essential
- Excellent oral and written English skills are a prerequisite; knowledge of Danish and/or
Swedish would be an advantage
Our work environment is characterised by fast growth, fast pace of work, and an international atmosphere with highly skilled personnel. You must therefore enjoy the diversity of such an environment and have a personality suited for the challenges it presents. Our work environment is exciting and forward thinking and relies heavily on personal initiative.
What ESS can offer
ESS can offer you a variety of things, such as passionate colleagues, a vibrant melting pot of diversity, and a challenging and high paced work environment where our employees take great pride in designing and building a world leading facility for materials research.
If you were to join ESS, you would become an important piece of the puzzle, since all our skilled staff are needed in order to fulfil the overall mission. We value and need expertise, innovative minds, great ways of leading and interacting with others, and the ability to work with people regardless of culture and background.
Duration & Location
This is a six-month temporary position, from September 1st 2020, to cover for parental leave. Your workplace will be situated in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Application & Contact
Please provide your curriculum vitae and cover letter in English by clicking on “apply” and following the instructions. Please note we only accept applications via the ESS website or ESS intranet. Internal candidates are encouraged to apply through the intranet.
The deadline for applications is 2020-07-31.
For more information regarding the ESS recruitment process in general, please follow this link https://europeanspallationsource.se/ess-recruitment-process.
For further information regarding the position, please contact the recruiting manager, Petra Aulin, Group Leader, Administration Group, Petra.Aulin@ess.eu.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Karin Vandenborre, Karin.Vandenborre@ess.eu.
We look forward to receiving your application!