Topsoe’s Mechanical Engineering Department is looking for a true specialist
This is your chance to join a great global department with approximately 100 talented colleagues, mainly mechanical engineers and technicians, who all have high ambitions and work towards a common goal. Our activities within Chemical technologies are highly technical and based on a solid foundation of industry experience. We make solutions that contribute to solving global challenges within the energy, environment, food, and climate.
You are - or become - the go-to-person within all the facets of one of Topsoe’s Proprietary Hardware
You will be involved working with proprietary hardware in a team doing a range of interdisciplinary projects and will acquire a broad technical knowledge basis. The job involves regular contact with colleagues in affiliated offices around the world and our international suppliers and customers. Assignments abroad in connection with inspection and installation of process equipment are part of the job. In this respect, significant travel activities are part of the assignment. The list below describes your daily tasks in brief:
- participation in the design, maintenance, and development of our proprietary equipment such as convection reformers, ammonia converters, and MeOH reactors
- participation in multidisciplinary projects from very start to finish - from design to putting the plant into operation
- responsibility for mechanical design, calculations, selection of materials and preparation of technical documentation for procurement
- review of supplier drawings and specifications, and participation in kick-off meetings at the suppliers
- inspection and quality control at suppliers’ workshops
- supervision of site installation of process equipment carried out by others.
Most of our design work is based on international codes and standards such as ASME VIII, Div. 1 & 2, and EN 13445.
Curious, open-minded with an innovative mindset
To match the team, you are self-motivated and have a keen interest in traditional mechanical disciplines such as metallic materials, solid mechanics, welding, and mechanical design. You can tick off the following:
- Strong customer focus and have an eye for business opportunities
- Can drive projects and work with tight deadlines
- Internationally oriented and interested in working globally
- Demonstrates initiative and is not afraid to share your opinion and challenge the existing.
To be a successful candidate for the job, you have a B.Sc. or an M.Sc. in mechanical engineering and around 5 years of experience with metallic materials, solid mechanics, and welding. You can demonstrate a solid mechanical understanding in an academic or professional context and it is a requirement that you speak and write fluent English.
Knowledge of the above-mentioned codes and standards is considered an advantage. Should you, however not be able to tick off the entire list, we offer relevant education within the company and/or from external providers.
Please contact Group Manager Nina Møhler, phone +45 2527 6624 if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organisation, please submit your application (cover letter and CV) in English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and any references. In your cover letter please specify your motivation for applying for this position.
July 31, 2020 – please note, that first interviews will be conducted in week 33.
Haldor Topsoe is the world leader in high-performance catalysts and proprietary technologies for the chemical and refining industries. Based on cutting-edge research and development, we help our customers achieve optimal performance in all phases from design to daily operations – in the most responsible way. Topsoe is headquartered in Denmark and serves customers across the globe. In 2019, our revenue was approximately USD 890 million, and we employ more than 2,300 employees.