Sales and Operations Planner - Implementing and driving S&OP in a global knowledge intensive company
Haldor Topsoe is a global company in rapid development. Our headquarters are based in Denmark, but the vast majority of our highly specialized catalysts and products are sold to industrial plants throughout the world.
Haldor Topsoe is on a journey of transformational maturity improvement for its S&OP and Integrated Planning processes. There is an immediate opportunity for a Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) Planner to join the S&OP Process Team.
As a S&OP Planner you will be responsible for driving the successful execution and continuous improvement of the S&OP process, including Forecasting, Demand Management, Supply Planning, Inventory Management, Demand/Supply Balancing and S&OP meeting facilitation. You will act as an important link between the sales and business processes in the business unit and supply processes in the Global Supply unit enabling improved financial planning and business performance.
You will be supporting our Product Line Managers and upper management in data driven decision making.
Additionally, you will play an active role in the implementation of Advanced Planning Systems within our Business Process Optimization initiative.
The position has no direct reports but will actively collaborate across multiple departments and functions.
- Generate S&OP plan, obtain approval, and report any variation of plan to relevant stakeholders
- Create Sales and Production forecasts and metrics to evaluate previous forecasts
- Provide Sales Forecast to Supply and ensure creation of a supply plan to Balance the Sales needs to be approved in the Supply meeting
- Working with Finance to utilize the Balanced Sales and Supply plans to generate a Financial overview of the current and future business
- Facilitate the Demand, Supply, pre-SOP and Executive S&OP meetings
- Continuously monitor performance of Demand and Supply against Operating Plan
- Audit the process and drive continuous process improvement and process sustainability
- Assist Sales and Business team members on Order Commitments and Delivery
- Contribute to the design, development and deployment of the S&OP Process Maturity Improvement initiatives.
- have excellent working knowledge and practical experience of an integrated supply chain planning process landscape within a process industry and/or technology-service environment
- have experience in delivering process excellence in Forecasting, Demand Management, Supply Planning, Inventory Management and Sales & Operations Planning
- have business acumen and a proven ability to deliver tangible results in customer centric solutions
- have strong analytical skills and are data-driven
- have a continuous improvement mindset and a passion for process excellence
- have strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills at both operational, tactical, as well as executive level and are skilled at building consensus and driving change across business and multiple stakeholders at various levels
- instil trust when driving change – implementing new or optimizing processes.
You will have a good overall understanding of the interconnectivity between commercial, finance and supply chain processes and you will be proficient in SAP, APS solutions, Business Warehouse, Excel and OowerPoint.
You will ideally have hands on practical experience of implementing and executing Advanced Planning System solutions.
Experience of driving and implementing Business Process Transformation and Enterprise Implementation projects would be a definite advantage.
Please contact Darren Bellerby, Global S&OP Director, phone +45 2799 5306 if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and any references.
July 31, 2020
Haldor Topsoe is the world leader in high-performance catalysts and proprietary technologies for the chemical and refining industries. Based on cutting-edge research and development, we help our customers achieve optimal performance in all phases from design to daily operations – in the most responsible way. Topsoe is headquartered in Denmark and serves customers across the globe. In 2019, our revenue was approximately USD 890 million, and we employ more than 2,300 employees. www.topsoe.com