Product Manager, Principal Lead
Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
We’re a global market leader in providing software and digital marketing solutions to the automotive industry. We’re innovating the way that automotive dealerships drive their customers’ car-buying experience from the moment they run a search online all the way through to bringing their car back in for a service. Join us and be a part of the evolution.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organisation where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
Purpose of Role:
You will be accountable for the day to day product management of a portfolio of products, under the direction of the Product Director based in Finland. Your responsibilities will include the overall leadership of products. You will be accountable for the results and performance and required to understand the numbers and adapt accordingly if things are going in the wrong direction. You will have a good understanding and represent the voice of the customer, using it to build product plans and roadmaps that set the direction of the journey that we’ll take our customers on. Passionately evangelise about our products to influence and lead opinion across the organisation and market.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Product Development, Leadership and Strategy
- Develop, own, communicate and deliver the vision and strategy for the product/portfolio, supported by the Product Director
- Own and manage the product roadmap, liaising closely with the engineering team
- Ensure execution of the product strategy, incorporating new product development and existing product in-life management
- Own the customer value proposition for their product
- Work with stakeholders across CDK to ensure the smooth delivery of the products, that great customer experience is achieved and any contractual KPIs are met
- Identify and define Epics through working with other stakeholders across CDK and write acceptance criteria
- Create URDS & Risk logs
- Represent the product in governance and investment decisions
- Product Performance
- Manage Product P&L and financial performance, understanding business targets and progress against them
- Maintain an in depth understanding of product data, including financial, operational, customer experience, and usage data
- Use insight from product data to identify and deliver corrective actions or new opportunities
- Report key Product KPIs on monthly basis
- Product Evangelism and influence
- Be the evangelist of the product proposition internally within CDK and externally in the market
- Engage with external stakeholders up to a senior level
- Be seen externally as an expert in the product area
- Build a network of external stakeholders and listening posts
- Market insight and proposition development
- Engage with customers to gain insight into their current challenges, needs and issues
- Develop and maintain in depth knowledge of the product and industry area including competitor insight and market trends
- Propose new market led propositions and evolve existing propositions to support customer acquisition and retention, using knowledge gained from customer and market interaction
Skills / Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong customer focus. Understands customers and the marketplace in detail and puts the customer at the heart of everything they do.
- Drive for results. Focused on achieving the results needed, setting high standards and monitoring performance, consistently delivering against targets.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent judgement and decision making.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Experience of Product Leadership and Vision.
- Understanding of product management activities, processes and frameworks in a technology environment.
- Experience of managing a diverse portfolio of products.
- Experience of delivering profitable products.
Why a career with CDK Global?
We demand diversity. Our people may be spread across countries, continents and cultures, but we’re united by a passion and enthusiasm to drive our business forward. This means no matter where you work you’ll feel like part of our global team. Diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences are the only way to deliver world-class service to our customers. Our differences are our strengths
Your benefits. To help us attract and retain the best, we pay people according to performance, not length of service. We will also help you grow your career, not only through focused investment in learning and development but also by enabling you to explore the exciting opportunities our global market has to offer.