General Manager for William Cook Europe
Can you implement global strategies into specific action plans for our manufacturing site? And are you an experienced change management leader?
Welcome to Cook Medical – every day, we make a difference.
Cook Medical develops and produces medical devices within many clinical specialties. In Denmark, our primary focus is products for treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
William Cook Europe is based in Bjaeverskov and we have a company culture with a strong common set of values. We have a flat organizational structure and focus on open dialogue.
Responsible, competent, and professional employees are our most valuable resources and they are at the core of our philosophy of developing innovative medical solutions to raise the quality of patient treatment worldwide.
Take us into the future
Cook Medical is in a change process as we are redefining and optimizing our organization to establish best practices. Our global strategy is in place and with a focus on continuous improvement you help us reach our goals and vision.
In collaboration with your management team, you will convert and implement global strategies through policy deployment and KPI management, enabling us to continuously manufacture state-of-the-art medical devices making a positive difference to patients worldwide.
As our new General Manager, you will report to the Chief Operation Officer at our headquarters in the US and you will have the direct managerial responsibility for the WCE Manufacturing Entity management team.
You will have the overall responsibility for our manufacturing operations and our quality policy and for ensuring that all assignments are carried out according to the quality management system of the WCE Manufacturing Entity and complying with external regulatory requirements and standards.
The WCE Manufacturing Entity
You will have the overall responsibility for the WCE Manufacturing Entity comprising 9 functional areas: Facility, Program Management Office/Continuous Improvement, Medical Affairs, Manufacturing Management, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, IT, HR, and Finance. The managers of these areas will report directly to you.
The WCE Manufacturing Entity has 650 employees, including 335 hourly paid employees in various manufacturing departments.
Global strategies and stakeholders
One of your first assignments will be to implement the global strategy and set the direction for Cook’s future initiatives and our policy deployment.
That means that you will be
- breaking down global strategies into specific actions in cooperation with your management team.
- liaising with relevant global managers at HQ and their designees to ensure priorities are aligned.
- ensuring that your managers understand and work according to the objectives and inspiring your management team to be the best they can be.
- optimizing the structures and working processes ensuring that the necessary competences and resources are available within the organization.
- improving KPIs for e.g. productivity, delivery, quality, and working environment.
Experienced leader with change management insight
We strive to make state-of-the-art products and your leadership plays a pivotal role in reaching that ambition. You keep a sense of perspective and set the direction for the way we work with the global strategies, and you understand how to clarify and communicate strategic initiatives to your managers, making them strong in their dissemination of the strategies throughout the organization.
Furthermore, we expect you to have
- longstanding experience with leadership, strategic transformation, and change management, including a thorough knowledge of LEAN
- experience from a manufacturing industry
- experience with developing and driving your organization according to performance management principles and KPIs
- a systematic approach to problem solving and continuous improvement and that you are driven by business goals
- excellent written and oral Danish and English skills.
If you have questions to the position, please contact our recruiting partners at Jobindex: Kristine Holm Sjølander at +45 7245 9018 or Mette Markussen at +45 7245 9147.
Please send your application and your CV in English at the earliest convenience and by November 5, 2020 at the latest via https://emea-cookmedical.icims.com/jobs/7958/general-manager-for-william-cook-europe/login. Please indicate in your application where you have seen the advertisement.
We look forward to hearing from you.