Department Manager for Production of Inoculation Material for Chr. Hansen globally
Do you want to pioneer science and improve food and health for more than 1 billion people every day?
At Chr. Hansen, we work to improve food and health and our natural ingredients are consumed by more than 1 billion people every day.
Our success is built on more than 140 years of innovation and a commitment to ensure the wider adoption of natural ingredients. This allows us to expand innovations into new areas, and to continue working towards a better world. As a global market leader in bioscience, we have the opportunity to address important global challenges such as food waste, healthy living and sustainable agriculture – and we need the brightest and most passionate people on board to succeed. Want to join us?
The R&D Process Upscaling function is looking for a enthusiastic and skilled department manager to lead a small team for the production of new and existing inoculation material for all of our business areas, incl. bioprotection, plant-, animal- and human health as well as dairy, enzyme, meat and wine applications, for all production sites worldwide.
The team for you to join
Though small, the team, internally known as PIM (Pre-Inoculation Material) production is a diverse team of technicians and a senior technician, centrally placed within R&D and Process Science & Development in Hørsholm. Our core responsibility is production and supply of inoculation material for all microorganisms, including bacteria, yeasts, and molds, for every production facility within CH worldwide. We are placed within the R&D organization since a majority of the productions carried out are of new strains which enter our department through our bulk development pipeline for new product development in R&D. We are a crucial part of new product development projects and see ourselves as the interface between the R&D and production, ensuring that requirements from all stakeholders are met.
What would your role look like?
As PIM Manager in Process Upscaling you will;
- Lead and develop a team of 4 technicians
- Be responsible for securing the timely delivery of new PIM batches to production sites and new product development projects according to orders received in full compliance with all relevant Quality standards such as ISO 22000, Danish Food legislation, HALAL, Kosher and Pharma
- Drive and be responsible for the development of the PIM platform across Process Upscaling and R&D to drive speed to market and usable data and knowledge in our bulk development flow
- Drive cross-functional activities and collaborate within R&D and with Global operations to secure an aligned strategy, vision, and communication across
- Be responsible for troubleshooting and securing the inoculation material is to the right quality level, both for performance and contaminant analyses
- Be an active lead in securing the best and most sustainable production processes are put in place for new and complex incoming projects with new requirements
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate;
- Holds a MSc or PhD degree in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Microbial Physiology, Chemical Engineering or related scientific field
- Has experience in microbial fermentation and in-depth physiology of bacteria – preferably within lactic acid bacteria. Knowledge on anaerobes or Bacillus is also a plus
- Has knowledge in quality and HACCP
- Has experience in a leadership role
- Has experience with process development or production of bacterial cultures
- Understands the principles of the underlying technical functionalities of fermentation equipment
Being a new leader in PIM Production, we expect you to be a true team-player with strong interpersonal skills, you are outgoing, communicative and not shy of speaking up. You have the ability to work independently, you are proactive and find it natural to challenge existing procedures and processes. As a manager of a central activity with many customers, you can expect to have many on-going tasks at once, it is important that you can navigate in this busy environment where you may have to change focus several times in the day. You can drive and execute on projects with short deadlines and diverse deliverables aligned with the strategic goals of Chr. Hansen. Finally, as English is the corporate language of Chr. Hansen, you need to be fluent in English, both orally and in writing.
What we offer you?
You will be a part of an inspiring workplace with dedicated colleagues delivering high quality results in an informal and cooperative atmosphere. You will be applying your competences in an environment built on trust. You can expect a dynamic and challenging workday and opportunities for personal and professional development.
If you need more information
If you have any questions please contact Director of Process Upscaling, Rhona Lanigan. email@example.com.
Application deadline is January 24th 2021. Applications will be reviewed continuously.
Do you know someone?
Maybe this is not the job for you, but perhaps you know someone who would be interested? Please share this job post – thank you for your referral.
About Chr. Hansen
Chr. Hansen is a leading, global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. We develop and produce cultures, enzymes, probiotics and natural colors for a rich variety of foods, confectionery, beverages, dietary supplements and even animal feed and plant protection. We have been delivering value to our partners – and, ultimately, end consumers worldwide – for over 140 years. We are proud that more than one billion people consume products containing our natural ingredients every day.
Social responsibility is an integral part of Chr. Hansen’s vision to improve food and health. In 2019 Chr. Hansen was ranked as the World’s Most Sustainable Company by Corporate Knights thanks to our strong sustainability efforts, our talented employees and the many collaborative partnerships that we have with our customers.