In-Country Product Support Engineer
We are seeking an In Country Product Support Engineer to join Sony’s Service Quality & Environment (SQE) business unit, where you will work across Sony’s Mobile, TV, Video and Audio product range to support and drive:
- Identification and follow-up of quality issues
- Technical knowledge sharing and education for engineering platforms, design teams, internal stakeholders
- Positive representation of the business to external organisations such as Broadcasters, Telecoms companies and Internet Service Providers
- Ensure service network is knowledgeable to provide an optimal service towards our consumers. This by means of training, reporting reviews, regular in-shop visits and technical audits.
To be successful in this role, you should be someone who prioritise and deliver positive outcomes for a wide range of tasks and projects. We are always seeking individuals who enjoy truly partnering with their internal stakeholders and customers, using relationship building skills to understand who to deliver messages correctly, and with support from your colleagues and manager. We hope you are someone who will love the entire consumer product portfolio, positioning yourself as an ambassador to the brand and always putting the customer first.
Joining an inspiring community of engineers with diverse backgrounds and experiences, you should be openminded and welcoming to team projects and close collaboration. As a matrix organisation, you will have a remote manager, but one who values providing real opportunities for team members to develop a learn in role. You will be enabled and encouraged to expand your engineering skills through coaching and formalised training, and you too should bring a hunger to stay ahead of consumer tech developments.
If this sounds like your next step, please apply, and let’s start your journey with Sony.
- Support of the various product design groups:
- Validation of translations of user menu’s and (electronic) instruction manuals
- Prepare infrastructure and environment to allow product design groups to execute design validation and pre-certification activities in local environment
- Conduct Home trial evaluation where requested to detect manufacturing issues and long term usability issues for our after sales support market
- Report market Quality issues and interface directly when needed with the customer
- Will be required to perform a high level of FVA (fault verification analysis) and more in-depth RCA (root cause analysis)
- Collect VOC (Voice of customer) and ensure this VOC is fed into the business in a timely and accurate manner
- Support Product Quality improvement activities and Product Quality reporting. This includes the responsibility to ensure that all Quality Reporting from external parties is optimised for speed, accuracy and completeness
- Analysis of country specific call and repair data, in order to detect potential quality issues in a very early stage
- Support the local Service Network, this includes visit local service partner, agree short – and midterm improvement activities. Follow-up on agreed projects between SONY and outsourced partner (new product line training/repair reasons/technical support)
- Provide an overview of the service drivers and suggest corrective action plans.
You will have:
- University degree (or Equivalent) in Electronics or Engineering
- Excellent verbal and written usage of English and Danish. If you also have Swedish language this would be beneficial
- Demonstrable broad knowledge of Product Technologies & Technical know-how linked to Mobile Telecomms and home entertainment electronics
- Experience in dealer and retail service relationships
- Demonstrable ability to carry out Engineering and Quality Management & Reporting tasks to a very high level of competence, with multiple stakeholders
- Able to work remotely without direct supervision
What you can expect from us:
At Sony, we value our people, so on top of a competitive package and excellent benefits including discounts on Sony products, you will be supported with your own career development, have access to an extensive range of Learning & Development courses, and some incredible internal mobility opportunities.
Together, let’s make the world say wow.
Bring your uniqueness to Sony
We recognize that each and every one of us is original and different. Diversity and inclusion are in our DNA, they drive innovation. We empower our people to achieve one goal: to fill the world with curiosity and emotion.