Head of Engineering for William Cook Europe
Do you want to take the lead and oversee a skilled group of 5 managers and supervisors working within manufacturing engineering? And can you take us to the next level of our transformation journey?
Welcome to Cook Medical – every day, we make a difference
Cook Medical develops and produces medical devices within many clinical specialties. In Denmark, our primary focus is products for treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
Responsible, competent, and professional employees are our most valuable resource, and they are at the core of our philosophy of developing innovative medical solutions to raise the quality of patient treatment worldwide.
Accelerate our impact and drive performance
We are in the middle of change as we redefine and revamp our equipment, processes and organization to establish best practices and optimize our performance. We have focus on simplification and automation of our processes and continuous improvement of our manufacturing engineering and the department structure, you will help us realize this vision and reach our goals.
In collaboration with the management team, you will help us improve our professional set-up and culture, ensuring that we continuously manufacture state-of-the-art medical devices that make a positive difference to patients worldwide.
“You will be leading the troops in this transformation. We have a 5-year plan, and the first steps have been taken – now we just need you and your skills to execute the plan, create synergy and secure a common direction,” explains Thomas Gabriel, General Manager, WCE Manufacturing Entity.
Daily management and focus on development
As our new Head of Engineering, you will report directly to our General Manager of Manufacturing Entity. You will lead and guide our 3 managers and 2 Team Leads of our respective teams Production Support, Production Support Design, Production Documentation, Test & Validation, Equipment Maintenance and Facility. All teams are part of our Manufacturing Entity located in Bjaeverskov.
Here, you secure optimal performance, give ongoing feedback and make sure your employees thrive and are motivated while reaching objectives and agreed deadlines.
This means that you will:
- Dispose the team resources and delegate assignments and responsibilities, making sure that legislations and procedures are kept at all times
- Ensure that your employees have the education, competencies and knowledge that they need to perform their best
- Collaborate and communicate closely with our other global sites, ensuring optimal partnership and alignment according to strategy and workflows
- Have focus on the refinement of our production equipment and develop our manufacturing platform further
- Participate in weekly management calls and online meetings – both on national and international level
Engineer with regulatory experience
Your daily leadership plays a pivotal role in reaching our ambition of always producing state-of-the-art products, and you set the direction for the way we work with our manufacturing and engineering processes to make sure we reach our goals.
Moreover, you understand how to clarify and communicate initiatives to managers and supervisors, making them strong in their dissemination of the strategies and responsibilities.
Furthermore, we expect you to have:
- 3-5 years’ experience from a similar role from a medical device or pharmaceutical company
- A master’s degree in engineering or a similar relevant technical background
- Well-founded knowledge of quality assessment and legislation standards regarding software and process validation requirements and tests
- A systematic approach to problem-solving and continuous improvement processes
- Excellent written and oral Danish and English skills.
Jobindex serves as recruitment partner on this position. If you have any questions regarding the process, please contact senior recruitment consultant at Jobindex Kristine Holm Sjølander at +45 72 45 90 18.
We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right match. Therefore, we invite you to send us your application and CV via the link below as soon as possible and no later than May 7th 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Cook Medical is a family-owned, global company with more than 12,000 employees worldwide, of which 800 are based in Bjæverskov, Denmark. We have customers in more than 135 countries and develop and manufacture products within e.g., cardiology, urology, neurosurgery and much, much more.
Kristine Holm Sjølander
Tlf.: +45 7245 9018
Please write in your application that you saw the job listing at StepStone.