NPD Engineer - F&B Mixing
About SPX Flow
At SPX Flow, we are a world leader in sustainable solutions ensuring the controlled and measured movements of life’s essential elements. With our HQ in North Carolina, we have operations in more than 30 countries and an even broader customer base worldwide. Our 4,900 employees innovate to design, deliver and service high-value solutions for our customers across the food, beverage and industrial markets.
As a New Product Development Engineer, you’ll be at the leading edge of the SPX FLOW business. You’ll work with customers, Product Management and Engineering teams to develop; new products, processes, re-designs and proof of concept evaluation and testing.
About the role
There are two key parts to this varied job, the first being the central key to New Product Development (NPD) projects. You’ll manage all projects within scope of responsibility to deadlines and Product Specifications. You’ll also provide realistic, accurate development cost estimates for design projects and finished products.
The second part of the role is problem solving. You’ll be working directly with others across the whole proposal and test centre. Your colleagues will come to you for your help and advice in order to solve critical issues. As a result you’ll have plenty of exposure across the whole company.
On a day-to-day basis you’ll:
- Be the contact person for food application mixer processes knowledge
- Maintain knowledge of the design needs for the Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical markets
- Maintain understanding of the engineering standards used in the food industry.
- Create, maintain, and update performance validation testing plans and protocols based on a specific product specification
- Maintain knowledge about different ingredients functionality and impact on mixing process and use the knowledge in NPD projects to improve the designs
- Participate in trouble shooting and tests at/with customers or internally at our Innovation Centre
- Deliver internal and external training in process technology
- Help identify opportunities to take cost out of existing designs
Ideally you’ll have experience in both mixing and pumps, but don’t worry if you don’t have both, as we’ll train you on what you don’t have. You’ll be working closely with a very experienced member of our team for the first two years and then it’ll be over to you to drive things forward.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have experience in mechanical processing
- Have food industry process design experience
- You’ll be fluent in English, and able to explain complex systems simply both in writing and verbally
Ideally, you’ll also:
- Have experience in mixers and pumps
- Have a Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering
At SPX Flow, we’re driven by ingenuity with a focus on meeting our customers’ needs. Our people have a commitment to hard work, innovation and delivering market leading solutions to our customers. That commitment has brought many rewards to our employees, past and present.
If you have ambition and want to build a career with us, there are opportunities for you to undertake specialised training to manage much larger key accounts.
We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees including:
- Experience less stress through our well-being programmes
- Feel valued at work thanks to our performance & recognition programmes
- Keep your career on track with our development & career growth programmes