Scientific Advisor (m/f/x) - Nordics
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
In order to lead and shape CSL Behring Nordic's medical and scientific activities, we are currently looking for a
Scientific Advisor (m/f/x)
Location: field-based in either Norway, Finland or Denmark
The Scientific Advisor (m/f/d) provides medical expertise to ensure the proper development of new products and the optimal positioning and promotion of existing products. He/she ensures medical activities related to the promotion of the company's products are compliant and ensures proper information distribution, documentation, labelling and promotional materials for marketed products in compliance with corporate standards and government/industry regulations.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Provide a high-quality single point of contact for scientific interaction between External Experts/Health Care Professionals and CSL Behring
- Interact responsibly and within governance and compliance guidelines (and/or relevant Country Codes) with targeted health care professionals, professional associations and other key stakeholders
- Actively drive Scientific Advisory Board meetings to ensure knowledge transfer, foster External Expert (EE) relationships, ensure scientific understanding and build appropriate advocacy
- Actively participate in scientific and medical symposia. Assisting with the development of CSL Behring sponsored programs
- Facilitate consideration of proposals for collaborative/ investigator-initiated studies
- Facilitate clinical trial site feasibility assessments
- Assist with publication planning and presentations of data at medical & scientific meetings. Appropriately understand the clinical gaps that would facilitate the development of new therapeutic agents/indications
- Be a medical/scientific interface with key stakeholders in dealing with product related issues
- Ensure development plans are initiated and actively managed for identified External Experts
- Facilitate speaker development and involvement locally and internationally
- Ensure communications are tracked in appropriate systems to ensure CSL Behring is compliant with good governance and transparency regulations
- Develop and maintain extensive knowledge of the designated therapeutic area(s), pipeline and the competitive landscape
- Facilitate the training and education of relevant stakeholders
- Work collaboratively and proactively with the product manager and sales manager to develop strategic medical, scientific and relationship management plans that align with business objectives
- Medical input into key cross-functional groups (including but not limited to): Regulatory; Clinical Safety; Health Outcomes; Clinical R&D, Manufacturing and Quality for successful development and life cycle management of products
- Key member of the new product introduction process. Responsible for leading medical activities required for this process.
Qualifications and Experience requirements:
- Medical doctor (MD), with or without clinical experience
- Master’s degree within bioscience/pharmacy or similar (non-MD) with PhD or relevant scientific degree
- Fluency in English is a MUST, any knowledge of further Scandinavian languages is a plus
- Pharmaceutical industry experience is of value
- Experience from real world data generation from registry research is a plus
- Clinical experience is of value
- Strong ability to interpret scientific data
- Able to bridge and balance medical insights with business solutions
- The position requires frequent travel within the Nordic countries, and occasionally international travel, mostly within Europe.