Network Security Engineer (all genders welcome)
At Berry Global Group, Inc. we create innovative packaging and engineered products that we believe make life better for people and the planet. We do this every day by leveraging our unmatched global capabilities, sustainability leadership, and deep innovation expertise to serve customers of all sizes around the world. Harnessing the strength in our diversity and industry leading talent of 47,000 global employees across more than 295 locations, we partner with customers to develop, design, and manufacture innovative products with an eye toward the circular economy. The challenges we solve and the innovations we pioneer benefit our customers at every stage of their journey.
We are currently recruiting a Network Security Engineer with strong technical and security focused experience in routing, switching, wireless, firewalls and VPNs. This is mainly an operational role whilst managing and participating in projects and implementation activities will also be a part of the job.
The successful applicant will be based optionally in
Randers (DK) / Deventer (NL) / Lubien (PL) / Kutenholz (DE)
working within the European IT Network Team and reporting to the Network Team Leader.
Purpose of Role
To ensure the network technologies within the infrastructure of Berry Global meet the needs of the business and are secured according to industry best practice. Ensure that the technologies give us stability and flexibility, that we can obtain 3rd party support if needed and merge with the needs of our expanding portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the security teams to ensure networks are secured according to industry best practice
- Management of firewalls, VPN and IPSEC including engagement with vendors and third parties as required.
- Lead network efforts to mitigate and investigate security vulnerabilities
- Perform network traffic profiling to identify potential security implications
- Ensure all network related equipment complies with industry standards
- Specify, acquire, configure, implement, maintain, and monitor Security/LAN/WAN/WIFI equipment and related services
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve network communication issues
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
- Monitor network usage to identify short and long term trends, identify issues and suggest solutions for improvements to the network infrastructure
- Available to respond to emergency situation involving network systems, equipment or services
- International travel to various facilities for deployment of network equipment
- Accept special projects as may be requested.
- Out of hours work to support out of hours changes and emergency situations
Key Competences for the position
- Strong project leadership experience
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP certified
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audience.
- A minimum of three years of experience with firewall, VPN and IPSEC management
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills with network related services
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability work safely with all components of network equipment
- Ability to travel as required to support project and business requirements
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge
- Security focused certifications such as CompTIA Security+, CEH and CND are considered an advantage as is previous experience working in a standards based data security environment, ISO 27001 or similar.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with Cisco, Fortinet and Check Point preferred
- Experience of LAN/WAN/WIFI/Security within a manufacturing environment preferred
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Please use the “apply” button to upload your CV and motivation letter (both in English).
Visit our Careers section to know more about us www.berryglobal.com/careers .
For any questions, contact Jana Sierck, Head of Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 30th June, 2021