Head of Medical Affairs
We currently have a new opportunity for a Head of Medical Affairs in our Nordics Region.
Based out of Copenhagen, the Nordics is one of our major European markets encompassing Denmark, Norway, Finland & Sweden. As an experienced, qualified medic with a good commercial understanding, you will be responsible for providing leadership to an experienced Medical Affairs team and for overseeing all Medical Affairs deliverables within the Nordics.
The role is part of the local management team but has a solid reporting line to a regional cluster Lead. The focus of this role will facilitate change as an evolving organisation, address local business needs and bring value to patients through the advanced medical/scientific understanding of Astellas products across their lifecycle.
This is a full-time permanent position based out of Copenhagen with some remote working.
At Astellas we are making treatments that matter to people We are tackling the toughest health challenges putting the patient at the heart of every move we make. We have developed ground-breaking, innovative medicines in immunology, oncology and urology. Our medicines are extending and saving the lives of cancer patients, making transplantation possible and improving the quality of life for those living with conditions where needs are often overlooked. We take a patient-focused approach, that allows us to convert brilliant early science into treatments and solutions that directly improve and save patients’ lives. From lab to clinic to patient, we focus on the most promising science, empower the best talent to pursue it, and develop life-changing solutions alongside the best partners.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction across all functions of the MA department to ensure all MA activities/deliverables are based on scientific validity, clinical importance, fiscal feasibility and aligned to both the Core Medical Plans and local business needs
- Serves as a recognized Medical Affairs authority by maintaining and communicating up-to-date knowledge of industry standards and practices
- Provides meaningful MA Value metrics, quality assurance controls, and operational assessment/analysis plans relevant to MA activities and deliverables
- Inspires the MA department, gains commitment to the MA value narrative and ensures a standard of excellence and superior results
- Supports growth and development that prepares the department for broader responsibilities
- Maintains an integrated partnership with cross-functional colleagues to identify collaborative opportunities
- Fosters strong relationships with KEEs and other advocacy stakeholder groups serving as Astellas’ key medical spokesperson with governmental agencies, regulatory bodies and associations
- Supports the training and compliance of MA staff to ensure integrity and optimize performance, efficiency and quality
- Solid scientific/medical experience in research-based pharmaceutical industry in the areas of Medical Affairs and/or Medical Affairs & Development
- Recent experience of working in a leadership capacity
- Strong knowledge of local Regulatory/Payer/HTA bodies, ICH GCP guidelines, Industry regulations, and quality standards
- Proven team management skills, including global/regional matrix leadership
- Financial and budgetary expertise
- Strong scientific analytical and problem-solving skills, strategic capabilities, project management, planning and organization skills with excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
This position requires an MD qualification
What we offer:
Competitive + Benefits