Category Growth Manger - Bakery (maternity leave cover)
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelez International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
To get delicious products like Stimorol©, V6©, Marabou© and Oreo© flying into the bags, pockets and hands of their adoring public, it takes a team of talented people who know retail inside out and back to front. People like you!
As the Category Growth Planner for Biscuits you will be the key contact for the KAMs, marketing and the Managing Director in all planning related topics, like the monthly Integrated Business Planning cycles and the annual budget alignment. Further, as part of the category planning team you will take a significant role in the Ready to Sell process and to develop a customer plan based on the category plans.
How you will contribute
- Be the primary contact between Sales and Marketing accountable for the Bakery category commercial plan (by customer & retail environment) and annual sales budget.
- Be a key stakeholder in annual business planning process for assessing opportunities and providing a full category view.
- Input the channel, customer, and shopper insights into the category strategic plan.
- Own the translation of the category strategy and initiatives into a selling story for the customers.
- Implement and follow up on the category commercial plan & results.
- Drive targets for distribution & visibility via perfect store.
- Deliver innovation to market on time in full.
- Support the preparation of new product launches by preparing a launch plan per retail environment including target setting (KPI’s).
- Actively track launch/category initiatives including conducting post-evaluations to share with the rest of the commercial organization.
- Own the sales input (bottom up forecast) to in the annual sales budget.
- Own the monthly sales budget review for the category.
- Own the category price & promotional strategy across channels and customers.
- Recommend changes to price & promotion guidelines based on pre & post evaluation analysis.
- Identify risks and opportunities across customers and retail environments as well as managing business opportunities and customer requests.
- Adjust category plans as needed to deliver the annual targets.
- Review customer & channel plans performance & profitability.
- Tracking business and market performance at customer level incl. Nielsen reporting and Catman.
- Manage customer allocation in out of stock situations.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Degree or equivalent in Business, Marketing, or other relevant discipline
- Previous experience gained in FMCG company is an advantage
- Drive for results and a high motivation for learning new things and seeking new opportunities
- Influencing skills & dare to take the lead
- Ability to manage day-to-day relationships with multiple stakeholders and finding the right solution when interests conflict
- Strategic thinking, commercial understanding, and a good understanding of promotional tactics
- Problem-solving: proactive and resourceful in solving problems, offering innovative and practical solutions in dynamic environment
- Data driven and fact-based approach, creating a strong understanding of customers and channels
- Ability to utilize various data sources (eg. Internal customer data, shopper data) to leverage insights about shoppers, customers, and the category
- Work in a structured manner
- Fluency in English and Danish – verbal and written
What we offer:
More about this role
What will make you successful in this role?
- You like working in a fast-paced company.
- You have a growth mindset; always thinking opportunities.
- You have the ability to continuously adapt to a multitude of stakeholders and understand what makes them feel passionate.
- You thrive in an environment where you work independently with the possibility to make your mark on the business but also work closely with a team.
- You’re curious, open & inclusive, at ease to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- We expect you to be commercially well-rounded and financially aware, with good business acumen.