Technical Security Specialist
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world’s largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors, wood, vinyl and aluminium windows and related products for use in the new construction and repair and remodelling of residential homes and non-residential buildings.
This position, part of the global Cybersecurity and Compliance Team, will be embedded within our EU region to ensure that the requirements of JELD-WEN’s global Vulnerability Management Program can be balanced with the specific needs and expectations of our EU businesses.
The position will require hands-on technical skills and excellent planning and coordination skills to ensure that multiple EU-specific IT security initiatives are effectively prioritized, planned, communicated, and implemented.
The successful candidate will collaborate with JELD-WEN’s Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure, Platforms, and regional IT Teams to enable JELD-WEN to identify, protect, detect, respond to, and recover from Cybersecurity breaches.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform, coordinate and work with the regional IT and business teams on the following:
- Testing, scheduling, communication, and deployment of patches/upgrades
- First-line security incident (e.g. Anti-Virus alert, Ransomware, etc.) response, escalation, and communication
- Research involving legal/HR-sanctioned investigations
- Network monitoring and analysis to determine whether there have been any attacks
- Testing and continuous improvement of regional Cybersecurity defenses
- Reviews and optimization of hardware and operating system security configurations
- Assess compliance to JELD-WEN security policies and standards
- Remediation of external pen-test observations
- Cybersecurity due diligence for new acquisitions
- Development and reporting of regional Cybersecurity metrics/KPI’s
- Documentation of regional security operating procedures
- Staying up to date with emerging threats and vulnerabilities through research and peer group networking
- Manage multiple initiatives with a broad Cybersecurity scope
- Prepare and present justifications to secure resource commitments
- Other Cybersecurity-related activities that might reasonably be expected of the position
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business, Information Technology, or related field and 3 years of relevant experince, or 5 years of relevant experience with evidence of exceptional ability
- Strong English language skills (spoken and written). Other languages (especially German) would be advantageous
- Demonstrated track record of delivering security improvements within cross-functional teams
- Excellent planning, coordination, and communication skills
- Minimum 2 years of security-specific technical experience in several of the following: threat modeling, incident response, OS hardening, vulnerability scanning, vulnerability management, cloud security, penetration testing, Windows Security Policy, VPN, Firewall, Intrusion Prevention/Detection Systems
- Knowledge of information security solutions, including data loss prevention, intrusion detection and prevention, network security monitoring and vulnerability management
- Relevant certifications, together with exposure to EU and International security/privacy standards (e.g., GDPR, NIST, PCI-DSS, etc.) would be advantageous