Nordic Insurance Software is looking for a Head of Consulting
Nordic Insurance Software is a market leading global provider of sales, claims and assistance software solutions for the travel, expatriate, and health insurance industry.
We are a transparent organization, where each employees’ input is regarded equally amongst their peers and management alike. We value staff who are proactive and take pride and ownership over the quality of their work, and in exchange we provide an environment that will challenge and stimulate you through constant new learning curves, exciting and innovative projects. As our team is the key to our success, we aim to create personal and professional growth through training, education, 360-degree reviews and social events.
Our team and ambitions
As we are growing rapidly, we are looking for a new colleague to head up our Consulting team in Copenhagen and play a crucial role in scaling up out business.
The Consulting team is in a transition phase from being a software development house into being a full-blown IT software supplier that delivers services within sales, development, and implementation of our software solutions.
To continue this positive journey, we need our new Head of Consulting to support the development on the operation of the business/staff management and as well as have a commercial focus on ensuring our projects are implemented on time and on budget.
Your contribution to the Consulting team
As a Department Manager in Consulting you will wear several hats: connector, mentor, reporter, translator, diplomat, firefighter. We're looking for someone with proven skills within staff and commercial management who will ride the line between Helper and Leader, acting as a force multiplier for the teams you are working with. You are a strong and pro-active communicator that has a strategic flair and is familiar with strategic processes and executions.
You are someone with a management style that cultivates a culture of individual empowerment, ownership, and trust. Someone with demonstrable people skills, and an understanding and appreciation for working across different cultures as our teams are distributed internationally.
Overall, you will:
- Manage the consulting department, ensuring that departmental objectives are met or exceeded
- Establish department processes and structures that facilitate the team in sharing knowledge and utilize their skillsets
- Coordinate across functional areas to ensure all projects are delivered according to plan
- Improve the team’s ability to plan and deliver software implementations without ignoring progress or autonomy
- Work with internal teams to build and maintain a clear roadmap of priorities and dependencies
- Facilitate regular 1:1, performance, salary, and development interviews to ensure high employee satisfaction among the team
- Ensure regular status updates to stakeholders, to measure team efforts and progress against goals
- Enable cross-team collaboration across departments to ensure teams’ objectives are aligned with NIS´s overall strategic objectives
- Influence the team with a strong commercial focus, to ensure a collaborative and strong customer relation that support our business growth
- Influence the team without authority. You explain your views well to others and actively listen to ensure a good discussion.
- Ensure that the consultancy department is delivering standardized and industry relevant solutions to NIS’ customers
To succeed in the role, you have the following qualifications
- Management experience from a software organization or consulting business working multi-functionally within an engineering organization to facilitate high-performing teams.
- Client relations experience and experience relating to commercial targets (revenue, customer success, etc.).
- Experience in establishing relationships, maintaining culture, and communicating effectively to a variety of audiences
- Experience with facilitating team performance
- Ability to gracefully lead change in an organization, whilst understanding and accommodating existing habit
- You have a structured approach to your tasks, and you are not afraid to challenge your colleagues.
- Experience working as a team player willing to jump in and help, whilst also demonstrating the ability to work independently
What we offer
Our office is centrally placed at Østerbro, with a great view of the Copenhagen rooftop skyline. However, work structures are flexible regarding both working hours and working from home, and we ultimately aim to create an environment that balances each employees’ best working conditions with a dynamic and collaborative team atmosphere. Additionally, we are in the process of expanding our global operations into the Asia/Pacific region, which with our Toronto, London, Wroclaw and Copenhagen offices will provide a 24/7 support structure for our customers. Finally, our target markets are rapidly changing to adapt to a newly digital ecosystem, and as a result innovation and developing new, innovative products and customer solutions will be at the forefront of our corporate initiatives going forward. You can look forward to a constantly evolving development roadmap and ambitious product development goals over the years to come.
If the position sounds like something for you, and you would like to become part of our team, send your application and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We conduct interviews on an ongoing basis and hire when we have found the right candidate, so feel free to send in your application asap.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact our CEO, Søren Bøgen Andersen, by email on email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.